Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a bike night a couple days ago and heard a rumor that Kawi may stop producing the Voyager in 2012. Anyone else hear that? You know how rumors get started but with the economy in the toilet I thought there maybe some truth to that rumor. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I was at a bike night a couple days ago and heard a rumor that Kawi may stop producing the Voyager in 2012. Anyone else hear that? You know how rumors get started but with the economy in the toilet I thought there maybe some truth to that rumor. Any thoughts?
it wouldn't surprise me , they stopped it before in the 90's then just started em back up in 09. i just hope it doesn't make oem parts hard to get

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
it wouldn't surprise me , they stopped it before in the 90's then just started em back up in 09. i just hope it doesn't make oem parts hard to get
Where do you guys get your mis-information from. :p

The Voyager XII was produced from 1986 through 2003.

The Vaquero has been a great seller for Kawasaki. The Voyager is basically the same bike so there is the economy of scale.

Also, Kawasaki has been posting better sales than all the competition.

·
Registered
644 Posts
If they put just a tad more effort into the bike build they would sell a whole lot more of em.
My dealer has sold every Voyager he could get his hands on. Now he can't find anymore that can be sent to him. He only has a black Vaquero left now. I honest couldn't believe Kawy would stop production after just 3 or 4 years. These bikes are selling. They're a fantastic deal for the category of bike you're getting.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Maybe they're afraid of the redesigned (long overdue) Yamaha Venture will put them out of the market like HD kicked them out of the Police MC market.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Maybe they're afraid of the redesigned (long overdue) Yamaha Venture will put them out of the market like HD kicked them out of the Police MC market.
I thought the stratoliner deluxe replaced the Venture. Haven't seen a new venture on any showroom floor in a couple of years.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I thought the stratoliner deluxe replaced the Venture. Haven't seen a new venture on any showroom floor in a couple of years.
THe Star website still lists the Venture. It's way out of date tho. Gonna be interesting to see what comes out this year.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You haven't seen the new Police Concourse models? The old police 1000 was only a 23 year production run. The old police bike was just that, an old bike. I'd say the Concourse would more likely be competition for the BMW police bikes and not targeted toward Victory or harley.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The Voyager is their top selling 1700 as far as I know. I know it's the most common one I have seen since they came out. They ARE discontinuing the 2000 though from what I understand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts