Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I purchase the intercom headset connection kit will I be able to hear the music through this?

I want to use this set up to plug in ear buds to listen to music but not interested in the intercom or CB functions.

I already have a 7 pin addapter that will receive the 3.5mm ear bud plug.

If it requires a different plug how many pins are in the connection?

Thanks for any advice you can give me on this.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Not really sure what you are asking, but the Kawasaki accessories do let you listen to music through your helmet speakers and even the bike speakers at the same time.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks twowheeladdict

What I want to do is just listen to music with earbuds (using an adapter in the plug) and not have music come out the speaker.

I do have an option in the radio set up to be able to silence the speakers but I don't know if that will silence the music in the headset connection kit also.

My biggest concern is if the music is piped through this cable as I have found others saying yes it does and no it doesn't :confused:

Do you have this set up right now?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I have the full Kawasaki setup. I can choose to have music come out of the helmet speakers, or both helmet and bike speakers.

If you are using ear buds because you are not wearing a helmet, or a half helmet without ear covers, be careful. Most states have laws against this, and it might be reason to pull you over. Make sure you aren't using white or bright colored ear buds.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank You

That is what I need to know and I have ordered it now.

I do know about the ear bud law here in California. I use a half helmet and in the colder months I wear the lower zip on part that does hide the ear buds. I have been doing this since 2001 and it has never been an issue even in the warmer months with my ear buds.

You see many riders with ear buds in California just like car drivers talking on a cell phone which is also illegal.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Turn the speakers off thru the radio. The headset will still work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts