Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have a 2018 Voyager 1700. The stock handlebars are about 2-3 inches too far for comfort, especially for slow speed turns and long distance rides.
I've looked into installing risers but really couldn't find anything I wanted. I really don't want the grips higher, just closer.
Anyone have a recommendation for an after market handlebar?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good luck. There is very little aftermarket for bars for our bikes. I recommend getting on Facebook and get on the voyager pages. There’s a few guys around those that do custom bars. Maybe that will help. Just look up Kawasaki Voyager pages. There’s 2 or 3 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the recommendation, stessel. Question; did you have to do any extra work to get a good fit? I came across a few posts where these risers caused the handlebars to hit the fairing when fully turned.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey,
Yeah you do have to build up the stop under the triple tree.
It is not hard took me 5 minutes after I went and bought the parts I used from local hardware store. You do not loose any noticeable turning from stop to stop.
Lot of people did it different ways this is the easiest way I came up with.
I purchased a thin walled split steel bushing I don't remember the size I believe it was 3/8 maybe 1/2" inside diameter. Just take a wrench open end and slip it on the center stop to figure out what size you need. Painted black then push the bushing on the center stop (Stop is located on bottom side of lower triple tree clamp just above radiator between your forks if you don't know) I then secured it with a small hose clamp positioned so the stops do not make contact with the screw part of the clamp then trimmed of the access part of the clamp band after I had tightened it. Several thousand miles later no problems

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey,
Also after you modify the stop with the risers installed handle bars on and bar clamps lose you simply turn the bars full left and for me I set the bars so they were about a 1/4 inch from contact to inner fairing tighten clamps torque to spec if so inclined I did and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I also use and recommend Chuckster's risers... And I modified the stop on mine by drilling the post right through, and loctiting a short machine-head screw into each side. The bars don't touch the fairing by much, but it was enough so that I wanted to spend a little time sorting it out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would like to raise mine maybe 2" and get them a little further forward Maybe 2" ? How can i do that and not touch fairing when turning? At stock it seems to just touch fairing when turning full right.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey,
The risers discussed in thread will bring the handle bars up almost 2 inches but as far as getting them to move forward I don't think that is going to happen. You must be tall with a long reach to want to move the bars forward.

However without adding the risers and modifying the steering stop like described above in the posts you might be able to adjust the bars a little more forward without fairing contact at full turn but if you add the risers you will have to bring the bars back toward you.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey,
The risers discussed in thread will bring the handle bars up almost 2 inches but as far as getting them to move forward I don't think that is going to happen. You must be tall with a long reach to want to move the bars forward.

However without adding the risers and modifying the steering stop like described above in the posts you might be able to adjust the bars a little more forward without fairing contact at full turn but if you add the risers you will have to bring the bars back toward you.
The bars already touch the fairing when i make a full lock turn

·
Registered
6 Posts
VBusby

I had a similar problem with my 07 900 Vulcan and I used the bars from an 2005 Road Glide.
What a difference, handles much better in the areas that you mentioned. They look good also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,

I have the same risers, seems to me my handlebars are actually a little loose now. Nuts are torqued to spec and if I sit on the bike and push back and forth on the bars there is alot of play. I dont recall it being there with stock risers.?.?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts