Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find a set of handlebar risers/pull back that will work on my 2013 Voyager. I tried a set from scoot works that you add to your stock risers, but had to return them, there was no way to make them secure enough so that the bars would not wiggle. I don't need a lot of pullback maybe just 2"s. I don't want to have to change cables etc. Does anyone know of a really good quality chrome set that are as secure as stock? Thanks all.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I'm looking for risers too.

Most of what I've found are either the riser extenders from Chucksters.
Which I hear will cause your bars touch the dash during a full lock turn.

Or Phat risers from Scoot works.
I emailed meancycles yesterday to ask about dash clearance and availability.
http://www.meancycles.com/store/parts/view.cfm?PartID=219981

Scott

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at your link I see the risers are square, but the stock ones are round. The triple tree holes are round with like a round rubber gromet. It would seem they should be round?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, and installed them. It was painless and they do not touch the dash at all. Perfect, my back is against my back rest now and my arms are comfortably bent at the elbow. I can reach full lock turns without kissing the tank. I am 5' 8" and it is what I needed. I bought them from scootworks, but you can probably save money buying them some place else $139.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I got the scootworks phat risers too.

I had to reroute the brake and clutch line behind the triple tree because they were being stretched at full lock.
I plan on replacing them soon.

Even with the stock risers; the location of the bars vs the dash only gives a little bit of adjustment without contact.
I opted to have my bars as high as I could go with only a VERY small amount of contact.

The bars are still rotated down to such a point that the radio and cruise controls are a good bit further under the bars than they were in the stock location.

When I back up at full lock now the mirrors are very close to arms. I have to be cautious not to bump them out of position.

All in all I like the riding position better and the risers are of good quality.

Scott

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got the scootworks phat risers too.

I had to reroute the brake and clutch line behind the triple tree because they were being stretched at full lock.
I plan on replacing them soon.

Even with the stock risers; the location of the bars vs the dash only gives a little bit of adjustment without contact.
I opted to have my bars as high as I could go with only a VERY small amount of contact.

The bars are still rotated down to such a point that the radio and cruise controls are a good bit further under the bars than they were in the stock location.

When I back up at full lock now the mirrors are very close to arms. I have to be cautious not to bump them out of position.

All in all I like the riding position better and the risers are of good quality.

Scott

Hello just wondering what part number you are fitting on the Voyager, I see it now calls for the swr-30 ,,, and it seems it use to call for the swr-26 that they now say doesn't fit the bike,,, I was also wondering about the mounting on the tree as they have round holes and rubber mount,,, the phat risers just sit flat on the tree ::thanks in advance Gino

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner; I just saw this.

My original order shows SWR-30-8.

I'm trying to think back to the instructions; but cannot remember if they wanted you to install the dampners or not.
I did not like how they moved with the dampners so I mounted the risers directly on top of the tree. They covered most of the round recess.
I'm going to trade my bike in soon and have taken the risers off; they have left rectangle marks on the tree. Not too obvious; but it doesn't look good.

BTW, I'm going to be selling the phatrisers; I haven't thought about what I want to get out of em yet. But, if you're interested I will check prices and let you know.

·
Registered
158 Posts
For those with the Scootworks SWR-30, I have a question. Do they lean back at all, that is, do the risers have a slight bend in them? Looking at pics it seems so, but I want to be sure. My bars barely touched the fairing stock, added extensions to the risers and now one side hits bad, and since going back to stock isn't an option (yes, I'm spoiled now), I'm looking at all my options, be it other risers (prefered) or doing something with the steering stop. Basically the question is do they move the part of the bars where the bend is back. Also whats the distance from the top of the triple tree to the bottom of the bars.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yep, and installed them. It was painless and they do not touch the dash at all. Perfect, my back is against my back rest now and my arms are comfortably bent at the elbow. I can reach full lock turns without kissing the tank. I am 5' 8" and it is what I needed. I bought them from scootworks, but you can probably save money buying them some place else $139.
I'm sorry. Which Phat risers are these again exactly? Thanks for your patience.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have the phat risers to put on my 2010 Voyager also but haven't installed them yet. My bike is still in Va. and I'm in Ft. Worth. I hope to have it here soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all, I've read a lot of comments regarding risers and I called Joe from Chuckstercustoms, but didn't order the risers as he said they'll probably hit my fairing on my 2016 Voyager 1700. Do the ones from scootworks work? Has anyone tried it on a 2016 Voyager. I saw one comment about how the scootworks risers had a square base, so I'm not sure how that'd work. If anyone has current information for a 2016 voyager, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts