Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The chrome that surrounds the round guages in the dash are rattling at certain rpm. Thought I saw a post regarding a fix involving silicone but I can't find it via search.
Can anyone point me to the thread...or a fix?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
When I removed my fairing to service the head bearings I found a lot of loose fasteners in there and that some of the gauge rings were loose. I applied a couple drops of superglue gel.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've been noticing rattling in my fairing as well over the last few days. Thought it might've been a blown speaker as it was comparable in sound but it persisted with the radio off.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
I had a rattling noise a while back and it turned out to be loose screws that hold the windshield in place.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was the outer chrome trim around the gas gauge, speedo, etc. Little dab of silicone and all is good.
Took a while to pinpoint what was rattling. Touch this...put your finger on that...till you figure it out ....all while riding.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Well good for you. Easy fix.
Say if you can do that while riding, I bet you can open the compartments doors while riding too.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
I am added a nice leather tank bib from Sagebrush to kill that squeaky plastic Vaquero tank bib noise, then put weather striping on the glove box doors to stop the rattling that they had been making.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same problem and I just installed the chrome plastic door trim all the way around the cover and no more rattle. The dealer wedged some crappy looking foam under the cover. My fix looked a lot better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts