Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9800 miles on the bike. Front pads are down. Was going to go with EBC DoubleHH (FA158HH) but saw good reviews on the GOLDfren S33.( ss-032)

For the price difference thought I'd give them a go.. $43

gb

·
Registered
894 Posts
9800 and your pads are down already? I have 34K on mine and am getting ready to change them for the first time . . . Let me know what you think of the Goldfrens . . .

·
Registered
381 Posts
Wow that is pretty drastic. Over 40k on mine and I still have just under half the front stock pads left.

Couldn't hurt to run the EBC HH pads like you described. I use them on the rear and they last longer that then stock pads.

That might not say much in your case though ;).

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Wow, just replaced my front pads at 39K. Weren't to the wear marks yet. Back pads have good meat left. Maybe try engine braking. Put the EBC HH on took about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Replaced my rears at about 27k, and fronts at about 28k. Was going to do them all at once, but they gave me 2 rear sets and one front. The rears were getting thin, right front less than 1/2, left front was pretty good. I understand this wear pattern is normal with ABS because the right front and rear are linked?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Mine still have life in them - I'm just getting bike ready for my 8,000 miler coming up in Aug . . . Replacing the pads = one less thing to worry about along the way . . .

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have 8,500 miles on my 2012 Voyager (non ABS) and pads visually look fine, but I get a scrubbing sound when coming to a stop from the front brakes. Anyone else ever experience this?

·
Registered
894 Posts
I sometimes get that sound after it has been sitting . . . particularly if I rode in the rain before it sat . . . or if it was sitting outside and got dew on it . . . A couple of applications of the brake later and the scrubbing sound is gone . . . I think it just oxidation on the rotors . . .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts