Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Voyager ABS. At the moment I have adapters connected to the bikes stock wiring connection for the internal radio system that is in the left side compartment. I plug my iPhone into this and put the iPhone in the compartment and I can play my tunes, through the bikes sounds system, speakers and use the stock handlebar controls. All good right?
Now I have a new bigger iPhone that wont fit in the bikes side compartment. So is there a Bluetooth unit that I can plug into the adaptors I have in the side compartment, that will pick up and receive from my iPhone when paired up. I could then just keep my iPhone in my pocket and have it transmit through the bluetooth unit which in turn will go through the bikes sound system? Any help? Or maybe I should just buy a smaller iPod, load it up with music and plug that into my adapter on my bike as it will fit into the side compartment. Any suggestions or comments?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought a Bluetooth adapter on ebay for less thanb$4 that converts that connection to Bluetooth

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brand

Thanks ksgjlg, do you have a brand name on that unit? Does it pair up with iPhone? When connected and paired with your music device that is say in your pocket, do the handlebar controls work i.e. change songs, volume etc.?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had a BT adapter in mine. It did not allow me to change songs, etc from the handlebar controls, just control volume. I got tired of that so I bought a Kenwood head unit with a USB jack on the front. I loaded my music to a flash drive and keep it plugged in there all the time. Now I have full control of my music from the handlebars.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wonder she couldn't get a flash drive adapter and put that on there then you would have control just as though you had an iPod on there or maybe even buy a cheap iPod used and use it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts