Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't use GPS enough to justify a dedicated unit. When I need it, I just use my phone. But between glare and needing reading glasses, I can't see the screen. So I run a wired earphone into my ear from the phone and listen to the commands. It's a pain.

What I'm wondering is if I buy the Kawasaki Audio Adapter Kit, and connect my phone to it, will that play the GPS commands over my bike's speakers - so I don't need the earpiece?

Has anyone tried this?

This is the adapter I'm talking about:

·
Registered
894 Posts
If you are listening to tunes via your phone connected tot his - Yes, Most GPS Apps will allow you to play music, pause the music for the voice commands and then resume the music.

If you are listening to the AM/FM, or weather band -on your radio - No. Your radio needs to be set tot he AUX input for this to work. I used this set up before I got my iPhone and i Phone adapter for the bike - I prefer running the iPhone as when it is plugged in to provide music and GPS Voice, it is also charging. Others have run USB chargers into their left box or to where they have their Android phone as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. Let me ask you this. If I use this setup and I have say 30 miles on the current road, can I just switch from Aux to Radio, then back to Aux for GPS commands in half an hour?

·
Registered
894 Posts
I don't see why you couldn't - switching to AM/FM won't disable your phone GPS . . . So switching back to Aux is not a problem. I sometimes switch from my iPhone tunes/GPS to the FM to hear local news or traffic . . .when I switch back it picks right back up . . with the iPhone, it actually pauses the song wheren I switch and restarts it when I switch back . . .

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Shooter,

I bought a bunch of extra parts a couple of months ago and made up these cables. I have two left which are about 3' long. PM me for the price if you're interested. A couple of the other forum members here bought them as well.

As far as what you're talking about, it's easy to switch back and forth between the GPS audio (AUX) and radio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts