Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a zumo 550 (that's what this look like it holds), but the position of the GPS looks like it blocks off vision to the radio. Am I right? I have my handlebar mount and would like something better. Please tell me how vision around this mount works.

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I had the same thoughts on that but I am only 5-9 and could see over the GPS to the radio not really an issue

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Heck, I just buy a refurbished Garmin for less than 60 bucks including shipping and use them for about 2 years before they fail and then buy another, a lot cheaper than a high end new one for 600 bucks, for that, I can buy 10 for that price. You can get a ram adapter to fit on the bars and not block any radio view or still mount it in the center and a little lower and still see the radio.http://www.ecost.com/p/Garmin-International-Radios,-Pagers-And-GPS-Devices/product%7Edpno%7E7791472%7Epdp.feeiicj

Check out this Garmin and cost, works great on bike or in the car. Not sure if the mount for sale here will hold the model of Garmin. Find them a eCost.com under GPS and Refurbished.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Roadie, I just visited ecost.com and that's the most amazing place I've ever seen. Also visited RAM to look at mounts for the Garmin on my '10 Voyager. For around a $100 bill, you can start enjoying GPS. Who woulda thunk?:)

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts