Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Voyager will be loaded for my next journey with a Tank Bag, Roll Bag (upright in the passenger seat), both Saddlebags, Trunk and the Trunk Rack. I tend to take too much stuff when I travel, I usually send stuff home half way through a trip. I'm heading out on Tuesday morning and expect to be on the road for about a month, or until my money runs out:) My last big trip was to El Paso, Tx in June/May 2009, before that Sturgis, SD in July/Aug 2007.

I'm taking my HP Mini Notebook so I'll be able to log-on and boor the daylights out all the folks sitting at home by the campfires. For sure I'll be in Georgia, North Carolina, New York State, (and all the states in between) Canada (in two places, one north of Gouverneur, NY and the other near Detroit, Michigan) and then on to Iowa; after Iowa I'm going to flip a coin and either go home or head West. Depends on how I feel. Would be nice to slip up into MN and go thru ND, MT and to the West Coast. From Washington south to California and maybe visit my old alma mater The Defense Language Insititute of Monterey, CA. I'm probably dreaming now, but I'll go until the Voyager quits :)

So long for now, will log-on next week to tell all how the Voyager is doing re: heat, gas consumption, general running, etc. Retirement is really great, I thank the US Army, the Social Security Administration and the Palm Beach School District for making this part of my life possible.

Ride Safe,
T-Rex,

Ps. Just got a call from my niece in Hollywood, FL. She just spoke to her brother (my nephew I gave a Triumph Rocket III Classic to for graduating from the Sergeant Major Academy at Ft. Bliss, Tx. She said he puts about 400 miles a week on the bike riding to and from post and back and forth to work. Tonight on his way home from work, a car driver blew his horn and passed him at over 80mph. My nephew said since he was on a nice road, in the middle of nowhere he'd give it the gas. He told his sister that after he passed the car he notice that he'd just passed the 125mph mark. I'm going to have to talk to that boy :D

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I believe you have to wind out each ride you get just so you know what the potential is (though you may never get there again). So, ok on it once. I had my 85 Shadown up to 120, 82 Venture at 130, and the Goldwing at 120. Not pushed my Vulcan yet, hmmmm.

By the way, looking fwd to the notes, love to live through people if I can not do it myself. Good luck on the trip, and take pics if you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts