Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone replaced the front wheel valve stem on a 1700 Voyager with a 90 degree metal one? If so, what brand name and part# did you install? I plan on changing tires soon and don't know what the stem hole size is in the wheel and have no idea what to buy! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
10 mm stems. As long as it clears everything, there is no reason a 90° stem could not be put on the front. They also make 60° stems that would not stick out as far, but still easier to get to than the straight ones. I assume it's for convenience, not for something like added tire pressure sensors.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just wanting to make it easier to get at the valve. All the stems I have found fit either .453 or .625 diameter diameters.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Just wanting to make it easier to get at the valve. All the stems I have found fit either .453 or .625 diameter diameters.
It should be 0.453 to 0.625 not either or. Anyway, those will work just fine. I used the MC Enterprises valve stems, purchased from BikeBandit.com. Those are the diameters they specify and they fit perfectly.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
No, I installed an MC Enterprise straight stem: http://www.bikebandit.com/aftermarket-parts/motorcycle-wheels-and-final-drive/valve-stems-caps-universal/m-c-enterprises-tubeless-tire-valve-stem

It fits the 0.453" - 0.625" hole range. I did put the 90° of a different brand on the rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts