Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Voyager 1700 rear speaker question

7K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  T Gibbs 
#1 ·
I am installing an amp on my Voyager and later was wanting to get the factory rear speaker kit. Does anyone know what watt they can handle without damage? Thanks

#2 ·
I have them on my bike, but don't know which watt they have, but I you install an amp, I assume, you also replace the front speakers to aftermarket ones ? So, if install the rear speaker kit, just replace the speakers itself with aftermarket ones, that could handle the watts.

Cu,
Sven

#3 ·
I put Polk 5.25 speakers in the rear of mine. Running a Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 300 watt amp. 6.75 Kickers up front. Sounds great. The stock speakers aren't going to handle much more than the stock system power. They will start distorting quickly.

#4 ·
I have a Soundstream amp and just added the rear speakers lst week. They are handling the power just fine, but I'm worried that they are not 4 ohm speakers and that they may damage my amp. I'll probably change them to Rockford Fosgate Punch 5.25"

#5 ·
Update: Last night I moved my Rockford Fosgate Punch speakers from the fairing to the rear pods and put some Polk Audio speakers in the fairing. I didn't get to ride it to test, but sitting in the garage it sounds really good for 5.25" speakers. I had to use the Rockford Fosgate speaker grilles on the rear. The chrome ones were too shallow and left a gap between the grill and the housing. The black ones look good, though.

#7 ·
The first pic is the factory rear pods. The other 2 are with the Rockford Fosgate installed

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.