Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I have some (hopefully) quick questions regarding the 1700 Voyager;

I see Kawasaki sells a heat distribution kit for 09-11 Voyagers, to get heat off the rear jug. Has this issue been resolved with later models?

Is there room inside the fairing for a small fuseblock? How easy is it to remove? I'm looking into hard-wiring my cell phone and GPS.

Does anyone know what the pin layout is for the Rider Headset Adapter Kit? Item# K10400-036

Finally, I am sure there are many topics in the forums about this, but I was wondering what LED replacement lamps are recommended for the headlamp/aux light and brake/turn signals.

Thanks!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Later models had the KAMS kit installed at the factory. I installed the kit on my '10, and it was a worthwhile investment.

There's plenty of room in the fairing, and practice will make the job faster. Over the years, I've hardwired in my GPS lead, heated grips, a USB outlet, and recently a small LED temperature display, and a TPMS. The electrical system can handle a lot of accessories.

I've replaced my OEM headlamp with a JW Speaker 8700 Evo II. I tried various LED bulbs, but the light pattern wasn't quite right. The JW Speaker works well. I have LED bulbs in the driving lights to match color, and a cheap Chinese set of JW Speaker driving / fog light knock-off's on a shelf, which I'll try to modify to fit sometime. Don't bother with the Chinese copies for your headlight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts