Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody removed the lower fairings to see if that helps with the heat on your legs when riding?

·
Registered
580 Posts
I've had mine off and rode it on a very hot day. It makes no difference and was not worth the bother for me. You can wrap the headers which I have heard makes a difference. I installed a manual fan switch also which I turn on before the temp climbs into the hot region when riding around town at slower speeds. Since doing that I don't really even notice the heat anymore. Some people say the Ivan's re-flash makes a difference also, but I have no first hand experience with that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any pics of installation of fan switch... what kind, switch location etc. any hints would be appreciated.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have my lowers removed all summertime, it does increase the airflow past my legs significantly although it is no cooler than the ambient air. It is very easy to do, just remove the engine guard complete with plastic (2 bolts each side) and I bolt on Vaquero engine guards with no lowers.
The temperature gauge will read a bit higher because the lowers actually direct air into the radiator, and there is more wind noise and turbulence but I enjoy the extra airflow across my legs and up my jacket.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Check out Ray's post here.
Ok OK OK...fan switch wiring info - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
You can also search for "fan switch" and at least two threads show up with location pictures.
Thanks for posting this, saved me searching. You can install it wherever you heart desires. I also highly recommend soldering instead of using a posi-tap method if you do it, I had a posi-tap go bad after about 6 months and ended up soldering it in the end. I used an illuminated switch just so I don't forget when it's on.......age you know :nerd:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts