Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to know where I can buy windshield (varieties and size) for a Voyager.
Looking for shorter one but at the same not too much wind for the passenger.
PierFran

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Any lower than the stock will increase the wind hitting the top of your head and your passengers face.

I have the Clearview but their tallest is two inches shorter and I do not like it that short. But I ride in the rain a lot too. Rain does not stop me from riding any....

But I have always tried to get taller replacement windshields. Clearview made one 2 inches taller and 2 inches wider each side for my Venture and that was the best windshield I ever had.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Rifle, Klockwerks, Clearview, and I think Windvest all make aftermarket shields for these. I have a 14" rifle that I really like . . . had a 12" Kawi on it too (Kawi has the stock 18", a 14" and 12" I believe) that i got off eBay. Moved up to the 14 after putting on my DayLong seat as it brought me up too far above the windshield. I am 5'10" and don't notice any buffetting now (as it was with the 12" before the RDL).

Google all the companies I listed and choose what works best for you.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have a 12" Windvest, and will probably get another one, or maybe try a Clearview when I need it. The "recurve" they both do really does work to push the airstream higher.

My passenger is out in the wind a little (on a higher than OEM Russell Daylong seat), but finds the Windvest better than any other low screen I've tried. I'd never put a screen on there that I have to look through, so she's learned to live with it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have a 12" Rifle on my Voyager, which I put on before Kawasaki offered it's own. I don't notice any buffeting, but then I'm only 5'8". And I prefer looking over the windshield rather than through it, unless it's raining.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Stock is 18"......bought mine this Fall thinking I wanted a KlockWerks flip (9") on mine....BIG MISTAKE, So I went with a Kawasaki 14", PERFECT I am 6'1", 30" inseam.

If anyone wants a 12" Kawasaki or a KlockWerks 9" flip, let me know, I'll make you a good deal. THANKS

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have tried many shields 5 in the garage now. The 14 inch is what works best for me. I'm 6ft and no wind buffeting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts