Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been here awhile...I bought a brand new 2011 Custom SE. It was a terrible purchase because 2 months later I had it stripped to the frame and was rebuilding it...I have it half paid off now, and if I had dumped the money I spent on it into my loan I'd have it paid off lol. So here she is!

I'm thinking about stenciling "Susie" on the side, and the wheels have to be green to match, the rear pulley is going to get painted green tomorrow too probably, no green on the rear.

The headlight, tank, fenders, and sissy bar are plastidipped with charcoal grey base, silver fleck, then clear gloss. The frame is flat black, the green is Olive drab super flat camo paint, rustoleum I think, with silver fleck and clear coat on top.

There are too many mods to list, but if you have questions about any of it let me know!

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
...I have it half paid off now, and if I had dumped the money I spent on it into my loan I'd have it paid off lol.
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like whenever I've used someone else's money to purchase something, there was something in the agreement to the effect of keeping the item in such a condition that if I somehow couldn't repay the loan, the the item in question could be resold by the lender to recoup some of their lost revenue.
Granted, this isn't as bad as some I've seen here where as soon as the newly purchased bike is out of sight of the lender, the new "owner" takes a cut-off saw to the frame and immediately lowers the bikes value to about 20% of its purchase price, but where does the right to do this to someone else's property exist?
Or am I just being too old fashioned and unreasonable to believe that you shouldn't do this to someone else's stuff, only to what you actually own outright?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like whenever I've used someone else's money to purchase something, there was something in the agreement to the effect of keeping the item in such a condition that if I somehow couldn't repay the loan, the the item in question could be resold by the lender to recoup some of their lost revenue.
Granted, this isn't as bad as some I've seen here where as soon as the newly purchased bike is out of sight of the lender, the new "owner" takes a cut-off saw to the frame and immediately lowers the bikes value to about 20% of its purchase price, but where does the right to do this to someone else's property exist?
Or am I just being too old fashioned and unreasonable to believe that you shouldn't do this to someone else's stuff, only to what you actually own outright?
Seriously? Maybe I'm old fashioned but when I borrow money I pay my bills. If someone from the bank shows up I'll just pay off the rest. Wasn't looking for financial advice I was making fun of something stupid I did. I don't plan on defaulting and if they start firing soldiers anytime I have enough in savings to pay off all my bills.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Seriously? Maybe I'm old fashioned but when I borrow money I pay my bills. If someone from the bank shows up I'll just pay off the rest. Wasn't looking for financial advice I was making fun of something stupid I did. I don't plan on defaulting and if they start firing soldiers anytime I have enough in savings to pay off all my bills.
Wasn't offering financial advice, just a question of propriety. And don't need to hear about a soldiers dilemma; been there, done that more than once.

·
Megatron
181 Posts
Holy Mackeral! I think the bike it just awesome. What you did to your property is just fantastic. You've got good taste. I assume its your name on the title for the bike and that your financial institution is listed as lien holder, not owner. Which makes it your property under the law. I vote go ahead and mod away!
Nice ride.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
31 Posts
I see no pics :(

I bet my firewall is blocking them. Make Garage!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Very neat, unique bike!

Pacomutt, I think you're right, I seem to recall similar clauses in any loan I've gotten. However, if they were to repo a bike that had been modified, it'd suffer the same fate as a pristine well-cared for unmodified bike that sat in a garage all it's life- the bike would go to auction and the rest of the costs recouped by the loan insurance the bank took out (and likely charged you for, if you look at your loan paperwork!) on the loan itself.

Anyway, all that aside; it's very unique. Like the black and green for sure!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Very unique indeed! Looks like a very 'tough' ride to be sure... good job!

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
The second set of pictures, with better light, allows the work to really show .
Nice Job!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't like it. The headlight looks like the mechanical arm with the weird eye on the end from the old "War of the Worlds" movie and the combo of flat green and black just doesn't sit well with me. Was this pro-painted or done with rattle cans?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts