Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
...I have seen the motosens info....sent an e-mail, and was told they have been bought by another company...I have not pursued further but plan to.....thanks for the link!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Clicking the link, I like the instrument cluster that comes up.
But if you go with the whole list, what do you do with the speedo on the tank that isn't really needed anymore?

I would like to move the speedo up above the bars

·
Registered
340 Posts
Anybody got a suggestion for a temporary tach to use while doing the voltage tests in the garage?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I put a Kuryakyn on my '07 Custom after I fried my stator. I originally had it mounted on the upper tree next to the stem nut but lights were a distraction; especially in the morning or evening when the sky was darkening but the the brights were still active. So I moved it down to the tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
How hard was this to install?

I put a Kuryakyn on my '07 Custom after I fried my stator. I originally had it mounted on the upper tree next to the stem nut but lights were a distraction; especially in the morning or evening when the sky was darkening but the the brights were still active. So I moved it down to the tank.
I'm really impressed, did this mount on the surface or did you cut a hole?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
It wasn't too tough. I covered the nacelle with a couple layers of masking tape and traced the gauge with a sharpe. I took the nacelle off and used a rotary saw in my dremel to do the cutting. Then cleaned it up with drum sander on the dremel. To mount the gauge I used foam mounting tape on the back of the cutout piece and mounted that to the tank. Then I used peel and stick velcro to attach gauge to the built up base. This system of build up puts the top surface of the gauge about 1/8" above the nacelle. I like this setup because it puts the gauge out of my line off site so I'm not distracted by the flashing lights, but any time I glance down at the speedo I see the voltmeter too.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
When I put my Kuryakyn meter on. I also put a sound system and driving lights on so I mounted a switch box for everything. Flip the switch and check voltage. Driving lights can be on with either high or low beams. The voltmeter is bright. I mounted mine just to the side of my handle bar risers.

·
Registered
397 Posts
That little Kury voltmeter was the very first accessory I added the first week I got the bike. Up until this season, it always stayed rock solid at the first green LED glowing. This year, I started to notice the one green going down to the 2nd amber light for the first time. After seeing it a few times, it seemed a good idea to replace the 3-1/2 yr old stock battery. Put in a new AGM battery and it's back to rock solid green again. Nice to have that early indicator of any weakness starting to show up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Will the Battery Tender Jr give a similar "early" indication of declining battery capability (wondering if it only lets you know when it's too late) ?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I put on an automotive analog unit. One of my pet peeves is no indication of what the electrical system is doing. Even my GL 1500 did not have voltmeter. You would think the Wing would have full instrumentation. You would think the electrical system would be important enough to advise the rider of what is going on!

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I mounted my Kury right between the risers. Out of the way, easily seen and comforting to see it in the green. Like is so much I put one on our Hayabusa and wired it to switch. It is so bright that inside the fairing it really reflected off the plastic panels.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
I use a Signal Dynamics Heads Up voltage monitor. Easy install, all that shows is a single LED, constant monitoring of the system. Very neat, works great, and inexpensive too ($29.95).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts