Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 VN2000 The voltage regulator is still working but it is cracked. I was told it will only be time before It quit working. They do not make that voltage regulator anymore. The 2004 is the only year that uses it after that they changed and the 2005-2009 changed to a different one. Does anyone happen to have one or know of a place with Rick Bikes where I can get one. Thank you very much

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
When you get one, I would suggest that you relocate it. There's a cavity behind the engine (under the battery box) that works. I had to relocate mine to put on a Cobra Fatty engine guard.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Note on the article...

He recommends soldering. Soldering is usually not recommended for properly crimped, crimp terminals.

If you have a poor crimp then soldering may be a crutch for that. Provided the soldering is done properly, that is.

Additionally, the author installed the wire seals backwards. The small end of the wire seal is supposed to be retained by crimping it to the terminal at the secondary/insulation support crimp. The attached image shows a Weatherpack terminal assembly, not a Furukawa, but the principle of crimping the wire seal to the terminal is the same.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts