Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here you go Project still isn't completely finished gotta get some longer bolts for the front caliper then all done. I put a Vulcan 500 19 in spoke front on my LT allowing me to keep front fender. It's not an absolute direct fit nor is it a complete fab job. I picked the wheel up for $40 all it was is remove seals, retainers, bearings, then widen up the whole for the center spacer. Replace bearings and spacers with stockers from 900 and viola. More pics later.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a lot I got everything to fit but after reading the service manual and trying a test ride I ran into one more issue the wheel bearings are one time install. If you remove them they're done. The bike will ride it just felt a tad stuck and now I know why. really surprised this doesn't have many views I bet most people think it means or I'm asking I if I can fit a custom wheel lol.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Slick thought, looks nice!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Looks real nice. I went with the 21" wheels from the Custom on my Classic. Kept the Classic fender, I had to move it up about 3/4 to an inch though.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks real nice. I went with the 21" wheels from the Custom on my Classic. Kept the Classic fender, I had to move it up about 3/4 to an inch though.
hey shaggman do you have any pics of your bike looking at what you have listed in the signature I'm really curious to see it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would like to some pics

Yeah, I'd like to see some pics too. I want to put the custom on my classic but thought that i would have to change the fender. How does it fit with the skinnier wheel? I think the custom is a 21" x 2.15 wheel, so i was wondering if the gap looks big with the classic fender.

Pictures are worth a thousand words. If you have some free time I would really like to see some pics.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts