Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I'm new to the forums, but I've looked at a few threads over some time now. I wanted to implement the m.unit blue into the VN900, wondering if i have to add/change anything to the wiring diagram I've so far. I'm not sure of using the OEM speed sensor. I'm not sure about any other lights to implement in the AUX 1. Any input is useful, thanks

Rectangle Slope Font Schematic Parallel
Rectangle Slope Font Schematic Parallel

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey all,
I'm new to the forums, but I've looked at a few threads over some time now. I wanted to implement the m.unit blue into the VN900, wondering if i have to add/change anything to the wiring diagram I've so far. I'm not sure of using the OEM speed sensor. I'm not sure about any other lights to implement in the AUX 1. Any input is useful, thanks

View attachment 255463 View attachment 255463
Hi Kevin,

I hadn't heard of these until you posted. Looked on the Motogadget website and it looks pretty cool. What are the main features you're looking forward to? Good luck with the install.

Take care,
Grove

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Kevin,

I hadn't heard of these until you posted. Looked on the Motogadget website and it looks pretty cool. What are the main features you're looking forward to? Good luck with the install.

Take care,
Grove

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
The main use would be to make the wiring easier without all the fuses and relays. Clean up the handlebars wiring and eventually get m.switches. You no longer have to worry about installing LEDs since the relays are gone. It has an alarm included and extra safety features,hence the speed sensor use. If you brake hard, the hazards would come on automatically. the mo.ride app you can have it start on its own. if you are close to the bike. It can warn you about maintenance that needs to be done, it can register your ride. So many neat features, it µ's hard not to do it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have my M-Unit ready to install, but I’m reluctant, not super experienced with wiring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a pretty complex harnas when you look at the full wiring diagram. But once you look further in the manual they go in detail about ignition, starter, head tail lights turn signals meter unit etc. it made it easier to understand what's what.
I left all the original wiring with switches and lights the same to start as a basic transition for now. Apart from the m-button wiring it's basically taking away the fuses and relays. I wouldn't touch the alternator, throttle, fan wiring, clutch etc because I don't see much use for it on the m.unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts