Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
with debaffeled pipes do you need to get a fuel controller in order to install a Barons Big Air kit.. Thank you
Yes. If you performed a full debaffle. Opening up the exhaust, then adding the air kit will cause the bike to run lean, and will need to install a fuel mgmt. system (controller).

Now, if you only performed a stage 1 or 2 debaffle (drilling 4 - 8 holes), I don't know if a fuel mgmt. would be needed, and will let others chime in on this one.

·
BOTM Winner, August 2013
202 Posts
Thank you. Yes, I did the full debaffle.. what is a good choice of fuel managment system that is also cost effective.
bike is 08 custom,
Cobra Fi2000R. I just ordered one from Amazon for $177 shipped. They also have the Cobra powerpro FI2000 which tunes automatically and never needs adjustments as it does it on its own but it is more pricey.

Also there is a power commander but I don't know much about it.

I plan on adding the Barons air intake next but wanted to get the FI2000R first.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i have a full debaffle and hypercharger. When i got the bike it had those and it ran fine didnt run lean or anything. Then i put a powercomander3 on it and i did notice the bike cleaned up alot and was alot smoother in happy with the powercomander there are tons of maps for it and its pretty easy install

1 - 5 of 5 Posts