Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
23 Posts
It's only been a day, but hope someone wants it soon. I failed to mention it comes in the original Mustang box. I don't think the PO rode it much, if any.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I’m pretty certain that is the stock OEM seat you have pictured. It’s missing the latch hardware because it was likely swapped onto the Mustang seat that is currently on the bike. And this OEM seat was simply stored in the box the Mustang seat came in by the previous owner. A quick google search or eBay search will show you that this seat pictured is identical to an OEM seat, in every way. No Mustang seat on the market is manufactured with this precise base, stamping or general contours pictured. Only the OEM. The OEM seats don’t typically fetch much money either. Nor are they always easy to sell. Take a quick look at the seat currently on the bike, it likely has a Mustang logo stamped on it toward the front and the numbers underneath likely match what you’ll see on the box you have. Good luck with your sale and I hope you’re enjoying the bike!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I’m pretty certain that is the stock OEM seat you have pictured. It’s missing the latch hardware because it was likely swapped onto the Mustang seat that is currently on the bike. And this OEM seat was simply stored in the box the Mustang seat came in by the previous owner. A quick google search or eBay search will show you that this seat pictured is identical to an OEM seat, in every way. No Mustang seat on the market is manufactured with this precise base, stamping or general contours pictured. Only the OEM. The OEM seats don’t typically fetch much money either. Nor are they always easy to sell. Take a quick look at the seat currently on the bike, it likely has a Mustang logo stamped on it toward the front and the numbers underneath likely match what you’ll see on the box you have. Good luck with your sale and I hope you’re enjoying the bike!
Thanks for letting me know. Looking more closely, I see there is no Mustang branding on the seat. I bought this at auction because it was relatively inexpensive (for a Mustang seat) and advertised as a Mustang seat! Don't have a VN900 and didn't know any better. Live and learn. I've modified the thread to reflect it isn't a Mustang seat. It's still for sale , just make an offer.

·
Registered
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
23 Posts
Thanks for letting me know. Looking more closely, I see there is no Mustang branding on the seat. I bought this at auction because it was relatively inexpensive (for a Mustang seat) and advertised as a Mustang seat! Don't have a VN900 and didn't know any better. Live and learn. I've modified the thread to reflect it isn't a Mustang seat. It's still for sale , just make an offer.
Wow! That is unfortunate. I would be contacting that auction hall immediately! Good luck with your sale!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately, it's been quite some time since I bought it. I can't remember exactly how much I paid for it, and doubt they would give a refund anyway. Should have looked for the Mustang brand when I first received it!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I also have a Like New, OEM seat. Willing go give it away for shipping (or a few bucks for gas if you are on the west coast and a days drive from NV.) Used for one year before I bought the Mustang.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts