Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I have a 2009 VN900 Custom. A couple of days ago it wouldn't start. What I normally would hear when I turn the ignition on is the fuel pump whine as it gets the system up to pressure for the EFI. But now I am just getting a buzzing, followed by a click. Extensive googling told me it was the fuel pump. I have removed the tank and the fuel pump housing, but have reached a standstill because I can't see how to remove the housing to get to the pump so I can replace it.
Does anyone know?
I've included 2 pics. The first one is the complete housing. The second shows the top of the housing which I need to remove. I've removed the screws, there is one on the opposite side as well, and the top part moves slightly when I pull it upwards to try to remove it. You can't see in the pics but the top is separate to the bottom, but it refuses to budge and I don't want to use too much force in case I damage something.
Can it be removed or is this an un serviceable item that can only be replaced in entirety?

Thanks in advance
Julian

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All good. I was trying to remove just the top half of the housing. After some wiggling the whole housing came free.
Replaced with an after market pump from ebay with a new filter which I bought in anticipation and I am back up and running.

Thanks for the response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts