Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Don't really care what brand just not looking to spend a fortune.
Also looking for some kind of reasonably priced forward control extensions that actually move my feet forward, I'm 6'4" and need some more room.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i went for the dobeck. TFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Sport Bikes
so far i'm happy. i still have to tweek the settings, but i need to snag a tach first. i just went with the suggested settings in the book. i can't begin to describe how simple the install was. "cake" seems a fair descriptive term. my BOSS MC400 speakers and amp were actually significantly more difficult than this thing. you might like it, so give it a look. can't really speak for performance being that i don't really test something like that often, but the low end does have more move in it (instead of the bog down and bang in the exhaust where it just doesn't want to go anywhere at low RPMs, it pulls along a bit better)... the interstate feels a little better, but i've only taken it once that i was paying attention to the difference. i wonder some times if it isn't just a tad too rich, but thats just by ear... and i'm no certified tech with 40 yrs behind me....

i had my clutch cable break right before i was planning on installing this, so it was new tires, new clutch cable, and the tfi. THEN... the rain came.... and didn't really go away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts