Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all, nice to meet all you here, I just got my vn900 classic yesterday and this is my first riding Kawasaki motor, I have a problem as below mention.

If I turn on the bike in neutral gear, the FI pump priming will on, after the priming sound and I can push the starter, and ready to ride.

But if I turn on the bike at 1 gear and the side strand is in use, and I ride on the bike and pull up the side strand, the FI will not priming, I need turn off and on the key again, the FI pump priming will on again.<-------------iS IT NORMAL?

But if I turn on the bike , AND I did not turn off the motorcycle emergency switch(the red color one on the right hand side),then i turn off the emergency switch , the pump priming will not working, I need restart the key then the pump priming will work again<-----------is it normal?

Is it normal on Kawasaki system?

Thanks for all vn900 experts and friends

·
Registered
136 Posts
There is a safety switch in the kick stand that will not allow you to start the bike in gear. Its there to keep your from taking off with the stand down and turning the corner and wiping out. A for the kill switch it has to be in the on position for bike to start.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
When the kill switch (red switch on handlebar) is in the on position and you turn the key to the on position, the FI light will come on and you'll hear the sound of the fuel pump. Once that light is off, you can start the bike. If you turn the key on, and the light is not on you should still be able to start the bike.

I have had my bike running and turn it off to hear my lady ask a question and fire it right back up with no issues. I just wait for the FI light to turn off on the dash panel.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
I believe once the fuel pump comes on and primes, it cuts off. Ready to start.. I usually waited (few seconds) for it to prime and stop before starting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When the kill switch (red switch on handlebar) is in the on position and you turn the key to the on position, the FI light will come on and you'll hear the sound of the fuel pump. Once that light is off, you can start the bike. If you turn the key on, and the light is not on you should still be able to start the bike.

I have had my bike running and turn it off to hear my lady ask a question and fire it right back up with no issues. I just wait for the FI light to turn off on the dash panel.
Thanks for the reply,

I means if I turn on the key first, after that I kick up the side stand and off the kill buttom after, the Fuel Pump Sound will not automaticly on, I need off and on the key again, and Fuel Pump will come back again, is it normal?

Because my other bike will automaticly on if I turn on the key, and done the rest after, but not sure about VN900

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
I'm not fully understanding what you are asking. But if you're asking what I THINK you're asking my answer is this: If the red switch is in the OFF position the fuel pump will not run, no matter how many times you turn the key switch off and on. When the red switch is OFF and you turn the key to the ON position, there is a quick sound but it's NOT the fuel pump. Then if the red switch is turned to the ON position the fuel pump will prime. Normally, if you have the key ON and turn the red switch off and back on it won't activate the fuel pump again until you attempt to start it, or "bump" the starter button.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
There is a safety switch in the kick stand that will not allow you to start the bike in gear.
Yep. If you want to start the bike with the stand down you have to shift into neutral before you try starting the engine.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Yep. If you want to start the bike with the stand down you have to shift into neutral before you try starting the engine.
Unless you hold in the clutch while it's in gear and the stand is down if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks evryone, because my other bike can turn on the key first, and after I on the kill switch, the pump priming will on.

Just make sure is it KAwasaki cannot or I need to fix it, thanks !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts