Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just wanted to say that I did this mod after adding led turn signals.
I added the four turn signals (two forward, two aft) and got the four-way hazard light blink. Nice to have since the Vulcan does not have flashers. But I could not leave her that way. So I did the mod as described (thanks for the pics) and it worked like a charm.
While I was in there, I left the original t/s on the front but changed the orange lens to a clear one and added a led bulb. I also removed the t/s wire from it (I used that on the led t/s) making it a light bar sort of. With the led t/s above them. Check pic.
Thanks for the mod post, I'm sure it has helped a lot of riders.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks for the guide, followed it and all went great!
Now waiting for the LED flasher to arrive to install it along with the rear bulbs which I have converted to running+turn.
I intend to keep the front bulbs not LED as they are not on all the time so do not draw current when not used.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Will this work on 01 1500 classic? It is equipped with running and turn. Also did you replace the thermal flasher with electric? Only problem I see that I will have is no matter how hard I try my soderinng sucks. Lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
No it will not if anyone was curious as well. Lol completely different wiring just two wires coming from indicator light green and yellow. I just cut them and also swapped running and signal wires as well. Everything works great also I guess due to the lack of electronic flasher relay the back turn signals are now running lights as well.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
In case anyone irreparably screws up the wiring you can buy a new "Lamp assembly" board which comes with the multi-wire ribbon cable that you have to cut for this mod. It's part # 23016-1186 and spans many years of the 900, but you should still check to ensure proper part. It's roughly $65. It's easy to accidentally pull a wire from its contact with not much force. Better to release the contact from the header via 2Lucky's post in Post 10.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts