Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,
I admit it. I hate cleaning spokes. I really want a set of cast rims, but am to broke to drop the $1500 - $2000 it costs. I have not come across a set of VN900C rims for sale yet, but if I did...

1 - Is the rear rim on a Custom cast or spoked?
2 - Are the hub assemblies the same on both? The rear tire size is the same, but the big K website doesn't tell you about the hubs.

3 - On the front, the Custom tire is 3/4" taller in radius which is compensated for by the 1 degree extra rake. What happens if I raise the front of my bike 3/4"?

4 - I know the front fenders are different. Can the Custom fender fit on the same mounting holes in the Classic fork? Or is it an entirely different fork?

Mainly I want to change the front rim per the rear is 90% covered by bags, pipes, pulley, etc. Please help oh brothers of the Vulcan?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
1) Not 100% sure as I can't eyeball mine right now, but 99.9% sure it's cast.

2-4) I'll wait with ya to see the answers!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yeah this is a late post reply. The rear rim on the custom is cast. I don't see any problem using it. You can pull up the parts on Ron Ayers http://tinyurl.com/yejyqg7 this page shows the classic. But I compared them to each other and the drive pulley is the same on both models. They don't even show the rims in the part blow up. You would have to change the front fender and brackets though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts