Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this is a question that has come up in the past, but I searched through threads and didn't find anything. So I'm bringing it back to you guys.

I'm got an '08 custom and I'm looking to trade the custom black wheels for the classic spokes. The person I'm set to trade with has an '11 LT. From what we can tell, the parts look identical. The only difference is the rake on the bikes. What I'm wondering is, does someone here know if a straight swap will work without any major modifications? I'd hate for us to pay shipping on two wheels + tires just to find out that it won't work.

Here's a pic of my bike just cuz.

·
Registered
153 Posts
From what I've read on another vulcan site, as long as you send along all the correct spacers with the custom front wheel, it's pretty much a direct swap. Tho....I'd prefer the customs alloy wheels.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I know nothing about the swap, but I wanted to say you have a great looking bike! If I could get my wife on her own bike, I'd bob mine out too.

·
Registered
498 Posts
He will have to do something about a fender if he's running one as they are completly differ but the sheels themselves as states keep the spacers with the respective wheels and it should be fine.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Keep yours it's bitch cleaning the classics all the time. Love your bike I just bobbed mine. Working on a rear fender now. I removed my front reflectors and put blue LEDs on it.

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice bike !!!!

where did you get those handlebars ?
Back Alley Bobbers (a.k.a. blue collar bobbers) is about 30 minutes from my house. I walked into their shop to pick up a rear fender and they had these z-bars on a shelf. Picked up the bar-end mirrors for about $25 on ebay and voila. They're a re-seller for Tucker Rockey, which I guess is where the bars came from.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keep yours it's bitch cleaning the classics all the time. Love your bike I just bobbed mine. Working on a rear fender now. I removed my front reflectors and put blue LEDs on it.

Sent by Lordz of Fire!
I'd love to see pics of your bike with the blue LEDs. Hadn't even thought of removing the reflectors, but I'm intrigued. Got pics?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts