Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a vn900 custom special edition and would like to get a brake and headlight modulator. First question is will they hide some where and second is are they difficult to install?

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
The headlamp one I have you undo the plug on the headlamp and insert short module with built in pig tail. Run the photo eye out of the headlamp and wire tire under the triple tree and your done. Only works on high. Photo eye cancels when daylight is low. Rear module I put under the seat are works well. Like them both. I have had several cars pull over when they see the flashing light.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ditto on the headlamp; it's that easy. It's also possible to adjust the sensor for earlier or later modulation on/off. The tail light was just as easy for me; both are from Kisan, and when I broke the tail light bulb, they sent me two more at no charge. Just suggested that I handle bulbs more gently. Both seem to work well, as people seem to see me at greater distances.

Ride safe,
Grandpa

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Rechecked my tail lamp modulator and it is Kisan also. I had one on my Volusia which was a box type controller. I also have the Signal Dynamics on the rear turn signals. Just more light to try and catch there attention behind you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Modulators

I used signal dynamics front and rear, the front fit in the headlights bucket, the rear fit inside the tail light lens. They do work, have had two drivers inform me I had a problem with my headlight, so that proves drivers see me. Rear is harder to tell, but for safety it is worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts