Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start off, this is my bike and this is what I would like to do to it. Anyways, I have been looking at the AME chopper kit for my Custom. I like the 18* kit but I'm not sure what size fork tubes to go with. I like the long low look, not really a fan of the long, way high front-end look. Anyways, I know to go longest I'll have to go with the 18* kit (will be lowering the rear 3" with plans of the Britt rear fender). They offer 2" 4" 6" 8" and 10" over fork tubes. Yes, I am aware that the steering geometry will be changed drastically and low speed stability will be crap and it will take a football field to turn around. Thanks in advance, Sean.

http://www.chopper-kit-usa.com/kawasaki-VN900_models.htm

·
Registered
953 Posts
To start off, this is my bike and this is what I would like to do to it. Anyways, I have been looking at the AME chopper kit for my Custom. I like the 18* kit but I'm not sure what size fork tubes to go with. I like the long low look, not really a fan of the long, way high front-end look. Anyways, I know to go longest I'll have to go with the 18* kit (will be lowering the rear 3" with plans of the Britt rear fender). They offer 2" 4" 6" 8" and 10" over fork tubes. Yes, I am aware that the steering geometry will be changed drastically and low speed stability will be crap and it will take a football field to turn around. Thanks in advance, Sean.

http://www.chopper-kit-usa.com/kawasaki-VN900_models.htm
Sean,

I think you should call them during business hours and talk to a rep. They know their business better than us. I am sure they can steer you in the right direction and make you aware of potential challenges. I know you are going to post pics:cool:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I'm with KenDawg... call AME. They'll have, at best, geometry formulas to give you what you want and, at worst, plain head knowledge.

Measure the existing stock head height and then tell them what you'd like. They should be able to give you the info you want. Like you, i appreciate the long, but not too high chopper look.

Take pictures!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Man, don't do it...

UNLESS YOU POST PICS THROUGH THE WHOLE PROCESS! :D Interested to see that low and mean approach! Keep us up to date through the whole process, will ya?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts