Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

first post here, figured i`d start by showing off my bobber project so far.

When I bought, 2006 VN900 classic.
IMG_1780.jpg

The bike needed new tires so i figured i`d go for a nice white-wall look. Metzeller 888 WWW (wide white wall) on stock rim.

IMG_1917.jpg

Then installed my Bobber kit. bullet signal lights, side plate, 1930 ford light, 32" drag bar and springer seat with short fender.

IMG_1945.jpg

I had the OEM pipe wrapped for a while with baffles drilled out, surprisingly nice throaty sounds for debaffled stock exhaust. I recommend the mod. Eventually got tired and ordered a set of Roadburners 2.5" in black bought new crush gasket and I barely get any popping. sometimes smells like gas tho so i'm assuming its running rich and a BAK would def help. Mirrors were purchased on ebay for 25$ free shipping.

IMG_2355.jpg

And I recently discovered plasti-dip and figured why not get a budget alternative to powder coating? Did my air box and the lower fork.

IMG_2447.jpg

Didn't even removed the tire or the front caliper. Covered the tire with a large garbage bag and took my time taping off the areas. Did about 7 light Coat. Turned out great in my opinion and is durable.

Enjoy guys, ill post more pic as I'm making my own saddle bag out of a messenger canvas bag I bought online, may even make a How to post about it?

Give me your thoughts!

Also, Arlen Ness Big sucker OR Baron Big Air Kit ??

Thanks guys, ride safe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks really good. Thinking about plasti-dip on my wheels.
Thinking about doing the same, should be simple enough. Using cue cards between the tire and the rim and foil wrap all the spokes.

heres 2 other pictures of the lower forks.

IMG_2445.jpg
IMG_2448.jpg

cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts