Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found on amazon and a bunch of other sites that there are what is called "Bungee Nuts" which are just really cool in my opinion. The problem that I see is that they are sold as nuts and not bolts. I was wondering if anyone possibly had these and found a way to make them work on a bike like ours or if anyone knows the spec on such a bolt that I might be able to replace it with another in a manner that wold allow me to put some hunger nuts on.

I tried to take a look at where the current bolts mount into but was no able to fit my fat head in there and get a good look as to if putting a straight bolt in or one from the inside and then put the nut on after.

I'd like to have them as they would make for great quick attachment of my bag with my books and other junk for when I have to run to the college without me having to put a rack on the back of the bike. Even if I had a rack though I would still want a set of these on the bike as well, just a nice thing to have.....

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
You can get studs (bolts with no head, basically), and put the bungee nuts on the end of them. If that won't clear the plastic fender trim piece, get studs for the holes and run a jam nut up against the fender strut to hold it in place. Then put the bungee nut on the end of the stud.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
I put the Cobra ones on my bike, they are a 2 minute change. Work great for the quick hook of something . I also have a bungee net that works great as well. Not my bike but here is a pic , BTW they are a bolt and just replace the standard bolt.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/COBRA-CHROME-BUNGEE-KNOBS-VTX1300C/dp/B006CO2O4I[/ame]

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put the Cobra ones on my bike, they are a 2 minute change. Work great for the quick hook of something . I also have a bungee net that works great as well. Not my bike but here is a pic , BTW they are a bolt and just replace the standard bolt.
http://www.amazon.com/COBRA-CHROME-BUNGEE-KNOBS-VTX1300C/dp/B006CO2O4I
Oh, those didn't come up in my searches. Would they work around the plastics on the Vulcan 900s. Do they have like a in set stop/nut kind of thing on the other side of the hook point?

Those might be simple option vs having to rig my own. I was just thinking that I could find studs and tack weld them on but I figured a better way would be to drill through and put a pin in and tack that in place but if these cobra ones work then that would be awesome, less work, LOL.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just used the bolts and Chrome sleeve that were sent w my back rest. Then took a dremmel tool and cut a groove. Only time I used the bback rest was when carrying a passenger....maybe half don times a year..then I'd take it off.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I stopped by my local shop today and asked them about cobra bungee hooks, they wanted way less than any of the places online did so I had them order me a set. Still expensive but nearly 20 bucks less than most of the online store... I got them for 45 bucks +tax and I'll get them later this week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts