Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Vulcanites,

I'm looking for suggestions... My 2009 is not my first ride but it is the first ride that I actually own... The only accessory I've purchased since I bought the bike is a set of Willie & Max saddle bags I got at Cycle Gear. I was wondering, if you guys have favorite online sites for PARTS and ACCESSORIES... perhaps more importantly, are there any sites I should stay clear of?

A sample of parts & accessories I'll be shopping for are, Headlight, Sissy bar, windshield etc..

Just like to hear everyone's opinon.

SirMickey,

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
meancycles.com and cruisercustomizing.com are where I do most of my browsing.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
HI Vulcanites,

I'm looking for suggestions... My 2009 is not my first ride but it is the first ride that I actually own... The only accessory I've purchased since I bought the bike is a set of Willie & Max saddle bags I got at Cycle Gear. I was wondering, if you guys have favorite online sites for PARTS and ACCESSORIES... perhaps more importantly, are there any sites I should stay clear of?

A sample of parts & accessories I'll be shopping for are, Headlight, Sissy bar, windshield etc..

Just like to hear everyone's opinon.

SirMickey,
Cheapcycleparts.com
meancycles.com
cruisercustomising.com
denniskirk.com
leatherup.com
Bikerhaven.com
Mutazu.com
All reputable and I have personally used them all except dennis kirk

and if you have any money left over I can give you a few more.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Cheapcycleparts.com
meancycles.com
cruisercustomising.com
denniskirk.com
leatherup.com
Bikerhaven.com
Mutazu.com
All reputable and I have personally used them all except dennis kirk

and if you have any money left over I can give you a few more.
I've used Dennis Kirk and they are good folks too. Also, add Motorcycle-Superstore.com to the list. They have a great seat return policy that lets you try out a seat and then return it if it doesn't fit your arse just right. I think the return only cost like $8 which was to pay for shipping back. Other sites may do the same thing, but I actually used this feature at Motorcycle Superstore myself.

And similar to what Whiting said, if you have any money left over, you can buy some parts for my bike. :D

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I haven't actually ordered anything yet, but I do have a sissy bar and highway bars picked out on meancycles, which I'll probably be getting in the next few weeks. I'll let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'v ordered my highway bars from jp cycles and they had it here by the next late afternoon, but im only 250 miles from them! Everthing else came from ebay...mustang seat, cobra floorboards, chrome rear reservoir cover, and chome horn cover! I'v never had any problem from ebay...I just watch who and what i'm ordering and read everything on the add, which alot of the cycle shops mentioned above i also bought from through ebay!

·
Registered
782 Posts
I haven't actually ordered anything yet, but I do have a sissy bar and highway bars picked out on meancycles, which I'll probably be getting in the next few weeks. I'll let you know how it works out.
Great! Have them ship the sissy bar to...
Jason Brame
2711 Grey Fox Road
Monroe, NC 28110

What? It would make a great birthday present for my wife. Aren't you planning on getting her something? :D

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I like the sheer number of reviews available on cruisercustomizing but I've never ordered there. Most of my online ordering has been from Motorcycle Superstore and I've had a good experience with them. I ordered one thing from Mean Cycles and I won't do it again. They wanted a 10% or $20 restocking fee (whichever is greater) to return some gloves that were the wrong size. My fault for not understanding their return policy beforehand but they won't get another dime of my money in case I need to send something back. Dennis Kirk seems to have really good prices but I've never ordered there. I've dealt with ScootWorks a few times (because they're sort of local for me) and while overall I was pleased, they did do a couple of things that made me shake my head. No "bad" experiences with them but I always hear about people who have problems with them and it's not hard to imagine.

The majority of accessories I've bought I actually got from the dealer where I bought the bike, Ron Ayers. I told them what I wanted and gave them the best prices I had found online and they beat everything. Hard to say anything bad about that. They are about 45 miles from the house but I can deal with that.

Edit: Wanted to add craigslist as a favorite. No luck yet with the Vulcan but when I had my Shadow I scored a National Cycle windshield and River Road saddlebags for $50. That's $50 total!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Dennis Kirk, Motorcycle Superstore, and eBay.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can't say enough about dennis kirk. They're prices for everything I've ordered (except handlebar risers) are the lowest and their customer service and returns dept. are really helpful and fast. Like 90 day no charge return. If they don't have it i'll go through ebay, never really know who you're dealin with there though.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Jason Brame
2711 Grey Fox Road
Monroe, NC 28110

What? It would make a great birthday present for my wife. Aren't you planning on getting her something? :D
Birthday present for your wife who are you kidding ..... you put your name there , not hers.

And dont tell me it will be a suprise gift.:D

·
Registered
782 Posts
Birthdy present for your wife who are you kidding ..... you put your name there , not hers.

And dont tell me it will be a suprise gift.:D
Ahhh... you got me. She won't even sit on the bike when it isn't running. It was worth a try.

ALSO ---- I SECOND WHAT GRAYBUSH SAYS. Before you buy from any distributor, make sure to read their shipping and return policies. It will take a couple minutes for you to find and read the info, but this has saved my arse on a couple of occasions. When considering a part from two different locations, if one place is slightly higher priced, but offers free returns, I will usually go there, especially if I am unsure how the part will work on the bike.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have gotten everything for my 07 Classic LT through ebay. No problems. Most of the sites listed by others have stores on ebay as well. I always seem to find better deals on things going through ebay than through their own website. Make sure to read the reviews about the seller. I have gotten my exhaust, seat, passenger floor boards, tank bib, and a few others from ebay, all shipped very fast with lower prices than I found anywhere else.

You may also check pricing on line, then go back to your local dealer. Most will match pricing or get really close. If they will I have always beleived in buying local. My dealer gave me a great price on the bike but always seems to be high on extras. I still give him a chance everytime though.

·
Registered
263 Posts
http://www.gm-cycles.com/

I have bought a few things from these guys, as well as Mean Cycles and Scootworks.

I have Willie and Max Bags, not a fan at all. I hope they work better for you. I do like the look of Leather Neck Jims bags, and may upgrade one day.

Two of my favorite upgrades was the Kuryakyn Iso Grips and Mustang Seat.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dulley noted Graybush.... This is the type of info I was looking for... there are too many venders out there to be spending hard earned cash on sorry customer service.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Jason Brame
2711 Grey Fox Road
Monroe, NC 28110

lol I'm sure your wife's a nice lady, but it ain't her gripin' in my ear when I launch too fast and she has to scrabble at my leather to keep from falling off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got my LA Choppers BAK from cruisercustomizing.com and they helped me choose a fuel controler and an exhaust too. The guy I talked to there said 80% of the employees there ride to work every day. In fact, The owner doesnt even own a car! Im a fair weather rider, so to me, thats dedication to the business and a true passion for motorcycles.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts