Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Purchased my 800 Classic last summer, the first thing I did was install forward control due to my leg length, the original pegs were way too close. Anyway did the DYI forward control +6" forward and +3/4" out and they are very comfortable. My concern now is mounting an engine guard, I may move the forward controls back to +5" as I drilled my brackets for both +5 and +6 inch when I made them so I could adjust and find the most comfortable position which ended up in the 6" holes for me, anyway has any else mounted a Crash Bar/Engine Guard with their forward controls and if so would you please share your insight along with brand and possible fitment issues while installing. I have searched and there are very few direct install options once you use a forward control setup so a custom installation is basically my only option, I am including some pics of my forward control install for reference (These were taken during the build and fitment stage, shift rod is a temp for length only had a SS rod turned at machine shop, also brake side is missing DogBone in these pics.), I appreciate any and all constructive advice, thanks for reading my post.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry pics were a bit small here's some better ones:

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts