Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. My wife's 800 broke down on her yesterday while she rode into work. I went up and checked it out and discovered there was gas pouring out of the carbs at idle. I wanted to pull the float and check the needle but for the life of me can't get the pin out to do so.

On other carbs I've worked on the pin came out fairly easy and I don't want to start beating on this thing with a hammer and risk breaking something.
Any thoughts here?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine was pretty tight too man, I had to use a thin chisel and hammer. Only took a few hits to break free, then I used wire cutters to wiggle it out. I don't think the arms will break if you're only hitting the head of the pin.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. I think I'm going to run over to harbor freight and grab a set of punches. Been meaning to get a set anyway. I assume (as much as I hate to do that) it doesn't matter which way I push it out? One side isn't larger than the other or anything?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it! Punched right out. There was a little crud in the bottom of the bowl and I think some got up into the needle seat.
Unfortunately (Maybe fortunately?) I discovered the return cable for the throttle is broken so I haven't fired it up to see if it is fixed.
Ordering the parts now. Hopefully here this week. I know the mrs was a little disappointed she wasn't going to have her ride this week!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts