Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
YES it did help and thanks for posting it, helped in finding the source of a "no crank" problem with the lady's bike..now to figure out the cause of the blown ING. fuse
Thanks for posting the diagram again

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 97 Vulcan and I'm not getting any power there at the fuse box besides for two ports the ignition an tail lights but the rest of them have no power whatsoever I thought I had a bad fuse box so I went and bought a new one I plugged it in and I'm having the same issue with no power I checked all fuses and all connections to the wires thinking maybe I had a loose wire somewhere but I'm still getting the same problem of no power to the turn signals headlight an the push start button would anybody have any ideals what would be causing me not to get power even with a new fuse box I'm debating on just buying a whole new wire harness for the bike if I can't figure out the issue with why I'm not getting power to anything but I don't want to spend the extra money if it's going to be an easy fix.

·
Registered
'05 800B
2,217 Posts
1st I would go to your favourite auto parts store and buy a multi-meter and trace connections for volts power, set the multi-meter dial on (V) volts and start at the battery with the red lead to red (+) positive battery post and (-) negative black to ground, start at the battery and then use that wiring diagram to trace each of the power wires for volts power to find the break

·
Super Moderator
4,789 Posts
Hi popss74. Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Do not replace any additional component unless you are sure it is defective. Agree with btom and get a multi meter. They are inexpensive at Harbor Freight.
Have some questions. Do any of the indicator lights come on? When you push the starter button does any thing happen? Any clicking? Check for power on both sides of the starter relay. Use the wiring diagram in the beginning of this thread to follow the wires of the starter circuit and check them for power first when the ignition switch is turned on and then when the starter button is pushed. Check the ignition switch power as per the wiring harness picture. All wires should have power when the switch gets turned on.
I am assuming your bike is a Classic model. I am including a link to the factory repair manual. Read what to check in troubleshooting and look up the procedures to check the items. Get back here with the answers to the questions so we can discuss this further. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts