Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 vn 750 died on me while I was on the freeway. Just died. My oil light was on but that was normal whenever I would let it idol for awhile before i took off on it a couple miles down the road and it would turn off. Whenever I would try and start it all I would get is a clicking sound from the starter itself. I replaced the battery and that did no good. Since then I have taken it to a shop and they told me my starter was bad. I had the starter rebuild by people who know what they are doing so it as good as new. Put the starter back on and all it still does is click at me. I have tried jumping the starter with the battery from both my car and my truck and all it still does is click. Any tips on how to go from here would be great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hy . try push starting it . i also had a starter problem. after the winter , pushed the starter button a few time , then the clicking sound appeared (just a clicking and no turning the motor). i pushed it (with a little help from my friends :p) and it started . after it warmed up good , i stopped the engine and try the starter button again and it started right away. started it again today after a week and started right away...
my oil light if off the minute i start the engine , so maybe my problem is the battery , but just a thing you can try. cheers

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
I think that another problem starting area is the spark plug caps screw into the ignition wire, that area is a weak link on the ignition and might cause a very weak spark. I ordered 4 new caps from ronayers, hope that will solve a hard starting issue I have.

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
There should be a flashing sign on the dates for old threads, sometimes I hardly look at the dates, I thought this was a current thread, oh wait it was, Desert Angel replied to this yesterday, that's why I seen this in active threads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts