Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired a really clean 1994 Kaw VN750. But the front turn signals had broken off. I bought some new aftermarket signals that have no wiring diagram. The new lights have three wires - red, black and black/white stripe. I found where I think they go inside the headlight housing (2 three wire harnesses). Can anyone tell me which wire goes where. Many thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No make - no model. Just a small sticker that says made in China. I'm fairly certain that the black/white stripe is the ground. Maybe it doesn't matter how you connect the other 2 wires. One seems to be running light (on all the time) and the other must be the turn signal. Bulb is 2 filiment type. I can't remove the bulb to do continuity tests. Seems to be really cheap material.

·
Registered
11,754 Posts
Here is what you can do:

1. Bare the three wire ends.
2. Hold the black/white wire to your battery negative terminal.
3. Touch the other two, in turn, to the positive.
4. The wire color that produces the brighter bulb is the signal.
5. Connect the signal wire to either grey - right signal, or green - left signal.
6. Connect remaining wire to blue - running lights.

The above assumes that black/white is ground. You may be able to prove that out by ohming between black/white and a metal part of the signal stalk.

Post back if you have any questions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. The advice about the brighter bulb is what I was missing (no pun intended). You just made everything fall into place. Thanks again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
To wire or not to wire

sfair;
Please look at my post post from yesteryear. I tried the orical:mad: of Delphi with no luck. So I'm turning to you. Ha-ha no pun intended.

My son decided to put his bike next to mine. 12 speed pedal bike.:) I found some replacement parts with and with out the wires. I took off the yellow lens. Then I took out the bulb. I can now see the wires. There are two. I took out some parts, but not enough to remove the wires. I need to know if wires can be removed without breaking any parts. It would be a lot easier to replace the turn assembly without the wires than the ones with the wires.
thank
:DRay
Thank you
Ray
[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts