Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at another (honda) forum, talking about certain puny 1800's, (not M109 btw), and talking about whether or not they could beat certain other 110 cubic inch H/D's:eek:

In the v twin world....mainstream production bikes that is, I would say here is what could take me in a street race...... & in "generally speaking" terms

V-rod

M109
I guess thats about it. Yes I know they aint made to race:rolleyes:

I dont think Big Dog counts.........and the like. But I don't know if all could beat me or not

Vmax don't count

Rocket don't count

Different opinions??

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I was looking at another (honda) forum, talking about certain puny 1800's, (not M109 btw), and talking about whether or not they could beat certain other 110 cubic inch H/D's:eek:

In the v twin world....mainstream production bikes that is, I would say here is what could take me in a street race...... & in "generally speaking" terms

V-rod

M109
I guess thats about it. Yes I know they aint made to race:rolleyes:

I dont think Big Dog counts.........and the like. But I don't know if all could beat me or not

Vmax don't count

Rocket don't count

Different opinions??
Many of the bikes in a certain category aren't going to be that much different, IMHO, so the main factor in most wins or losses will be driver skill.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many of the bikes in a certain category aren't going to be that much different, IMHO, so the main factor in most wins or losses will be driver skill.

Nuh uh.......nuh uh.......don't try to rationalize. The v2k is faster in every article I have ever read, except one by some idiots. specially 0-60, and in the quarter by..........well.......HUNDREDTHS of seconds in most cases..if not THOUSANTHS.........and I am pretty sure that must be alot...

so there

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Nuh uh.......nuh uh.......don't try to rationalize. The v2k is faster in every article I have ever read, except one by some idiots. specially 0-60, and in the quarter by..........well.......HUNDREDTHS of seconds in most cases..if not THOUSANTHS.........and I am pretty sure that must be alot...

so there
I kept my crotch rocket and have it in addition to the VN2K. I'd suggest you get a crotch rocket if you want to know what true quickness, speed, and braking are all about.

Just for the record, the blink of an eye is roughly 0.350 of a second. Point being, if you screw up your driving in the time of a blink of an eye, you've probably lost the race unless the other guy is a real rube racer too.

So there... ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I kept my crotch rocket and have it in addition to the VN2K. I'd suggest you get a crotch rocket if you want to know what true quickness, speed, and braking are all about.

Just for the record, the blink of an eye is roughly 0.350 of a second. Point being, if you screw up your driving in the time of a blink of an eye, you've probably lost the race unless the other guy is a real rube racer too.

So there... ;)

yep...thats what I am saying....the V2K is the fastest V twin......by alot.....
you can see that in the blink of an eye.........yeah...thats the ticket:D

BTW.....I always rode crotch rockets back in the day.......I'd still like to have one..or........that big new Vmax......that would work

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I raced my Dad's new VTX1300. No contest. That's a gutless-ass bike if I've ever ridden one. My old Shadow Sabre (1100) was faster stoplight to stoplight-- weird.

It sounds good though.

You need to post THAT over there..............that'd be hilarious.

BTW I had a VTX 1300...........I loved it......It would run.........not like my beast but good............it was anything but stock tho'

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
If you are trying to be the King of the Hill, then yes, V-Max does count, so does the Rocket III. V-Max beats everything, and I mean everything, straight line accelleration, there is no other bad boy motor like the V-Max V-Four. Simply nothing that says pure power like a V-Max.

Having said that, I don't care, I like the V2K just fine, it is the biggest production twin and the best looking twin, and much nicer to look at than a Rocket III or a V-Max.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you are trying to be the King of the Hill, then yes, V-Max does count, so does the Rocket III. V-Max beats everything, and I mean everything, straight line accelleration, there is no other bad boy motor like the V-Max V-Four. Simply nothing that says pure power like a V-Max.

Having said that, I don't care, I like the V2K just fine, it is the biggest production twin and the best looking twin, and much nicer to look at than a Rocket III or a V-Max.

you are more than correct

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just read today an old review for 2003 vn2000 on like motorcruisers cite. vrod and vtx1800 would bit Vulcan on 1 mile race. The reason is the rev limiter. It forces you to shift at low RPMs, before vn2000 can reach it's max HPs. I hate rev limiter already:))

·
Registered
538 Posts
Soooo...............are you trying to say that the V-Max is really fast??? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
OK---- I raced the 1/4 mile on a static Dyno/Drag!!!! THe coolest thing I've done for a LONG time!!! They take my $20, do some paperwork.It's a side by side dyno with a drag tree. They strap me down. I say "BRING ME A HARLEY"!!!!!!!!!!! A bike pulls up next to me-- Street Glide--- SUPER CHARGED, Tach about the size of my cup holder with a shift light no less. Well I have no tach so I run on sound. Long story short he winds up his rig and I can't hear shit ( never heard a supercharger wind up like that, I'm 2-3 feet away the pipes are open on the other side). I don't know were to shift, after two tries I think I'm screwed. They shut him done( afraid he might blow up.) They let me run my three runs!!
#1-----12.69 @ 117.7 react 1.529(bad) 92 HP
#2 ----14.41 @ 123.8 react 1.451(bad) Its not easy 95HP
#3 ----11.98 @ 120.6 react 0.858 way better 97 HP
I hit the rev limiter in 5th gear each time! But NOT on the way up.
www.thedynodrags.com They go to events( this one was J&P cycles Anamosa Ia --2-3 thousand bikes there today--ONLY 90 degrees in the shade ) they'll be at Stugis too.
I love to drag with my bike BUT I have an LT--Bags,windshield,ect and I'm a BIG dude. This was SOOO cool for the Rogue (not really a RACER but it's got the power)
The Harley lit it up to 147mph @ 135HP----Not STOCK!!! I think the frame and the fairing were stock. LOL
I beat ALOT of bikes! I think I could have done a little better but I was AMPED UP and it take practice to do a tree!!
If anyone has a chance to see or DO this--- DO IT!! The crew today was very cool. WE got some applause a t-shirt and a print out of my runs and had a ball.
GOOD RIDING TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT

·
Registered
2,985 Posts

Actually, the Suzuki B-King eats the V-Max for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts