Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here. Have scoured the web looking for info/hoping to find someone else that has had this issue before I dive in.
Bike is new(ish) to me, having purchased it a couple of years ago. Due to (life) issues (and the CRAPPY weather where I live), I haven't gotten a chance to ride it as much as I have wanted to.. so, it still has very low mileage for an '07 (under 2600).
After a couple of (short) rides, I notice a couple of drops of oil underneath the engine, and traced it to the (water pump seals) weep hole.
I assume that this in NOT going to be the Mechanical seal, but rather the inner oil seal... therefore requiring an engine removal/case split in order to change it.
Have not been able to find where anyone else has had this issue, or done the repairs (coolant leaks/mechanical seal replacement=yes, Oil leak/inner oil seal replacement=yes).

If anyone here has had this issue, any info/response would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,492 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Sorry to hear that seal is leaking. Big repair on a complicated bike. Parts availability is starting to diminish. I am not a proponent of oil additives to stop leaks in motorcycles due to the small oil passages. But if I was in your situation would be tempted to try an additive. Wish I had more information for you.
Thanks again for becoming a member. Be well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts