Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone still have the instructions on how to drill the stock vn2000 pipes, the link to the original post doesnt work anymore Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just read your inquiry for the instructions of (how to drill out the baffels) of your VN 2000. I do have them and followed them to the letter and will not switch back. I like the sound. Nice rumble....I bought a used set of pipes to try it just in case I did not like it. Still have the original ones.....If your patient when you do it you will be surprised. HD owners hate me...MoTown... VN 2000,'07 owner

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ken,I have the hard copies that I ran when I saw them.I was not the originator of them. They do work and are easy to understand. Do you have access to a fax machine?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jerry,
Is the number you left your FAX #? I trust you would like the info re: the debaffeling? It works great and saves you $400.00/$500.00 for a new set. Also the slash cuts look so great on this sport bike...MoTown

·
Registered
538 Posts
Jerry,
Is the number you left your FAX #? I trust you would like the info re: the debaffeling? It works great and saves you $400.00/$500.00 for a new set. Also the slash cuts look so great on this sport bike...MoTown
I should have given you more info-yes, that is a fax number and I would LOVE to have the debaffling info......thanks in advance!!:D

·
Registered
101 Posts
can i get a copy please --fax # 803 279 1710 atten. john ------if debaffled do i need a fuel controller also ? thanks , john

·
Registered
11 Posts
John,
You will need to do nothing else. It helps the monster breath better.....All I did was change from the OEM fillter to a K&N filter...You will love it...Ride safe, MoTown

·
Registered
101 Posts
thanks for the info--i've got another ? --do i need to take the pipes off the bike or can this be done with them still on without taking the chance of tearing something else up ? i see it calls for a lot of prying and beating ----john

·
Registered
11 Posts
John, All that you will need to do is take the back part of the pipe off. They come apart just in front ofthe rear pegs.They should be taken off the bike to do the baffel removal, no question about it. Inside, way down at the bottom of the pipe you will see a honey comb baffel, you do not want to take that out or damage it. It is far enough away where you will be working. I can not express enough to be patient and take your time it will be well worth it. Good luck...MoTown

·
Registered
538 Posts
The fax came in yesterday afternoon.....thanks!! Sounds simple enough but I think I'll pull the muffler sections off the bike and do the work on the bench....I just hate bending over...:p

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
In case anyone nuts up and destroys their stock pipes, I have a complete set that I took off my VN2K when I put the Cobra 2 into 1 set on there and I'll make someone a good deal on them.

C

·
0 Posts
Any chance of getting this information in an e-mail or reposted on here?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts