Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help with a fuel map for a '04 VN2000. Last year ran with Road Burner Road Pro exhaust w/stock air box & power commander USB3 with the
M211-003 map. This winter I switched out the stock air box for a hypercharger. The power commander tech group suggested using the
M211-006 map as a "starting point". Is anyone else running a similar set-up & if so,with what map? I am not a real "hard" rider,looking for a set-up with a decent air/fuel ratio that does not completely kill the mpg. Thanks for your suggestions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tludvik01,

I have been considering a power commander to tweak my VN2K. I have a 2006 I bought new in 2008 and it currently has 3200 miles. It is all stock and I am getting what I believe is spark knock when cruising at 65 to 75 mph. It has done this from the day I bought it. Do you feel the power commander is a good investment? Can you program it "on the fly" while riding to dial in the best performance or are the "maps" just a standard set of commands that you can only choose but not really manipulate?

·
Registered
319 Posts
power commander

John, usbiii is worth the money, bigtime. You can download maps, have a dyno tuned map, or make your own. Also, if you get the LCD option, you can switch between maps or adjust on the fly.

tludvik01, I've got about 7 maps, two are custom dyno maps. I've got a mpg map with anti decell pop in it. When my laptop is back up and runing, I can send you a few to try. I'm hoping I'll have it this weekend

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought my o6 2000 used ,, it came with a commander installed,,Vance and Hines, Thunder Mfg. big air. The power commander site has map downloads for this specific combo, however you can custom tweek the map on computer. The performance is awesome and getting about 40 mpg. My only complaint is from closed throttle to 10% the engine wants to surge. The map indicates a 9%-11% increase in fuel from idle to 10% in the 1000-1250 rpm range. I'm going to tweek the map down a bit and try to improve the low rpm responce. Let u know how it works out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the offer on the maps, I would be interested in taking a look at them, right now I'm set up with an average map between the M211-005 & M211-06,seems to run ok but haven't rode with it enough yet to know about the mpg,also curious what your mpg is with your dynoed maps etc.
Thanks - Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts