Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an o6 2000 Classic and will be replacing the rear tire in the next couple of months. Research shows that the rear wheel will accept a 240 tire. Does anyone know if any clearance problems exist on the bike or is the larger tire more work than it is worth. thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just had one installed by a local shop with no issues. I used the dyna beads for a balancing media and am totally satisfied with the look and handling.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I just had one installed by a local shop with no issues. I used the dyna beads for a balancing media and am totally satisfied with the look and handling.
You like your dyna beads? Reasing I'm asking is, I have a polished wheel and the place that mounted my tires put on silver/grey weights. I would rather have the clean look with no weights on the outside.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Belt guards are good with the tire, and the dyna beads are better than weights, because they infinitely balance the tire. I guess it's as close to perfect as possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
240 rear tire

I have an o6 2000 Classic and will be replacing the rear tire in the next couple of months. Research shows that the rear wheel will accept a 240 tire. Does anyone know if any clearance problems exist on the bike or is the larger tire more work than it is worth. thanks
I've had my 240/50r/16 for few years now on my '07 VN 2000 LT Classic. The fit is no problem and the look is outstanding. The bike will handle differently in turns, in other words you can't make 'tight' turns as easily as with the stock 'skinny' tire. But, as you know, this bike is not designed for tight turns anyway, soooooo, put the 240 on and you'll love it! The ride of the tire is comfortable.
I put on the Metzler.
stevem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow I wish I knew about that before I ordered the 200mm for my 2000! I'm actually thinking about going with an 18'' wheel now and would like to know is anybody has imput on the changeover?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts