Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Seems like my Voyager has performance issue. Symptoms:
- Too much vibration while accelarating and it's not smooth.
- Water temperature gauge shows 3/4. I believe it should be at the middle, right?
- Top speed is 90 mph;
- Increased fuel consumption - less than 30 mpg;

Prehistory. I've bought this motorcycle from US auction. Motorcycle was down, but the engine was not damaged, only scratches on bodywork and broken plastic parts. Another thing - motorcycle was not started for year and a half. , it has 14k miles on odometer.

So far, I've changed air cleaner, spark plugs, all liquids.

Any ideas what should I check?

Thanks in advance!
p.s. sorry for my English, I'm not native speaker.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
What did the plugs look like that came out? Was one different from the other?
Since it has been so long from the last run, I would consider using fuel injector cleaner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spark plugs were dry, light brown color, both looked the same, nothing unusual.

I'm considering to take fuel injectors out and look how do they spray fuel. I'll let you know about results in a few days or so.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hi there,

Seems like my Voyager has performance issue. Symptoms:
- Too much vibration while accelarating and it's not smooth.
- Water temperature gauge shows 3/4. I believe it should be at the middle, right?
- Top speed is 90 mph;
- Increased fuel consumption - less than 30 mpg;

Prehistory. I've bought this motorcycle from US auction. Motorcycle was down, but the engine was not damaged, only scratches on bodywork and broken plastic parts. Another thing - motorcycle was not started for year and a half. , it has 14k miles on odometer.

So far, I've changed air cleaner, spark plugs, all liquids.

Any ideas what should I check?

Thanks in advance!
p.s. sorry for my English, I'm not native speaker.

1) The shaking may be due to your shifting too soon, anything below about 2200 RPM if you give it a bunch of throttle you will notice some shuddering as you are lugging the motor. I usually don't shift below 2500-3000.

2) They run warm but that's normal. The fan kicks in just over one line past half way. If it bothers you, you can install a manual switch to kick it in sooner.

3) How fast do you you want to go on a full dressed touring bike. I've done the big 3 to mine and it will get up to 100 mph pretty quick, but what's the point.

4) Run some sea foam or another brand of quality gas treatment in every tank full. Take the right side cover off, open up the butterfly, and use a rag wet with sea foam to clean the throttle body's.

That's all I got.....just my opinion 0:)

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Spark plugs were dry, light brown color, both looked the same, nothing unusual.

I'm considering to take fuel injectors out and look how do they spray fuel. I'll let you know about results in a few days or so.
I would really like to know that turns out and how hard it was to do.
Thanks & good luck.:smile2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts