Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 Vulcan Nomad, 2008 Yamaha Royal Star Venture, 2018 Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a light bar for my 2010 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad for almost 6 months now - cannot find anything. I have ordered several times from OEM Kawasaki parts dealers, via the web, and always get a "no longer available" response after ordering.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I can get the OEM light bar for my Nomad? A used light bar in good shape would be fine - maybe from a parts-only non-running bike.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the same problem when I was looking for one for my 2012 nomad. I had two of the cheap lightbars purchased off of ebay break on me while riding, welds broke. I looked and looked, never did find one, finally found someone who was selling the factory front turn signals and just put that back on. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2010 Vulcan Nomad, 2008 Yamaha Royal Star Venture, 2018 Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would this work?

Would this work?

This appears to be the bar for the turn signals - not the bar needed for the turn signals and driving lamps.

·
Registered
2012 Nomad
918 Posts
Most of the ones on Amazon & ebay are cheap knockoffs. All reviews say they break quickly.
You can still find the OEM bars for sale if you want to pay $500.00

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most of the ones on Amazon & ebay are cheap knockoffs. All reviews say they break quickly.
You can still find the OEM bars for sale if you want to pay $500.00
I will pay the price for OEM - but have not been able to find one. Any idea where I cound find the OEM bar?

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you tried all the kawasaki parts houses?

Do a google search for:
Light Bar, Chrome

Kawasaki

item: K32001-015
I've tried maybe 5 or 6 companies selling Kawasaki OEM parts and they all respond the same way - "no stock, discontinued part". And I have been all over Google - no luck.

I am now convinced this light bar will have to come from a scrapped motorcycle. Which, by the way, was the only way I could find a light bar for my 2008 Yamaha Royal Star Venture.

·
Registered
2012 Nomad
918 Posts
Hmmmm.
I've seen it at all the parts houses and have even added it to my cart just to see if they have it but never got a response that it was not available.
I guess you only find that out when you place an order that they don't have it.
Bummer

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmmm.
I've seen it at all the parts houses and have even added it to my cart just to see if they have it but never got a response that it was not available.
I guess you only find that out when you place an order that they don't have it.
Bummer
Yes - the light bar is shown on the parts supplier's web sites and I have ordered it each time only to be contacted in a day or two with the message that it is no longer available. You do have to actually place it on order to find this out.

·
Registered
2014 Kawasaki 1700 Voyager Custom (Vaquero)
7 Posts
Yes - the light bar is shown on the parts supplier's web sites and I have ordered it each time only to be contacted in a day or two with the message that it is no longer available. You do have to actually place it on order to find this out.
Could try to take your bike in to a decent local metal-worker-shop (really no idea of what word you guys use, my swedish dont really do the trick here) and show them what you need and sse what they could do for you.

They may be able to either alter the existing turn signal bar and make it work for both, or even manufacturing a new piece for you. Id say the 500 USD you are ready to pay for stock will probably will be enough for that, and not only do you get what you want, you help local business as well, win-win :)

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Could try to take your bike in to a decent local metal-worker-shop (really no idea of what word you guys use, my swedish dont really do the trick here) and show them what you need and sse what they could do for you.

They may be able to either alter the existing turn signal bar and make it work for both, or even manufacturing a new piece for you. Id say the 500 USD you are ready to pay for stock will probably will be enough for that, and not only do you get what you want, you help local business as well, win-win :)

We call them Welding Shops here in Northern Wisconsin, USA. I have a Show Chrome light bar that I was never able to use on my Yamaha Venture and I think it can be adapted to fit the Nomad - I just need to come up with something for the turn signals - should be doable. Thanks for the input.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts