Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
321 - 340 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
'08 Mean Streak 1600 Special Edition VN1600B8FA
71 Posts
My 2004 Mean Streak 1600- sitting on my DIY 5 minute bike stand
Hi Andy,
I am getting my '08 Mean Streak Special Edition next week. The bike has 5400 original miles on it and has a red frame and wheels with everything else black and I will post pics.
I am intrigued by your bike stand. How is that working for you and do you believe this to be a feasible alternative to a bike lift? Let's say I want to take a wheel off, one at a time to install new tires or just an oil change.

·
Registered
'08 Mean Streak 1600 Special Edition VN1600B8FA
71 Posts
My 2008 just broken in, almost brand new less than 5300miles, VN1600B Mean Streak Special Edition. I picked the bike up this morning and it rides like... well...I've never had a big cruiser before and the foot controls are just not where I am used them to be. The input lag compared to a lighter bike is definitely noticeable but I really love this twin..
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Fuel tank
Plant Fuel tank Wheel Tire Automotive tire
Tire Plant Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
2006 Nomad 1600
72 Posts
2006 Vulcan Nomad 1600. Just picked up a couple of weeks ago. Sorting out mostly minor cosmetic items. Searching for a solo rack that is a direct fit (just posted another thread on that). I am really liking this bike. View attachment 256030
Here is the Harley Sportster rack on mine. I did have to bend the tab where the hole is under the seat, and the chroming quality is not the best, but the rack fit without any other modification. $18 or so on Amazon.
Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1600
41 Posts
Here is the Harley Sportster rack on mine. I did have to bend the tab where the hole is under the seat, and the chroming quality is not the best, but the rack fit without any other modification. $18 or so on Amazon.
View attachment 256031
Thanks - yours looks great - I may have to get another one and just bend the tab.

·
Registered
41 Posts
View attachment 256031
Was it very difficult to bend the tab? What tools did you use to do the job? Thanks again!

·
Registered
2006 Nomad 1600
72 Posts
Was it very difficult to bend the tab? What tools did you use to do the job? Thanks again!
No, the tab bent with a pair of pliers pretty easily. I don't think it's very high quality steel. I did use a mallet and a piece of wood to get it curved instead of just bent over with the pliers. It is important to measure the distance between the centers of the holes in the fender pretty accurately. Mine measured 11 3/16" or so. It's also a cheap part and the welds are already starting to surface rust a bit, but hey, it cost $20. I'll post a closer pic when my phone decides to share with my computer. :geek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Update pic - solo'ed (removed pillion and backrest/rear rack since my wife doesn't ride), raised the windshield about a half inch (it was at the lowest setting originally and I can still see over it) and added engine guard chaps, both of which helped reduce the buffeting to a very manageable level. Plus, the chaps helped keep my legs dry as it was raining a bit when I went out to test the bike for buffeting. I am happy with the result. Put on a fender chap from PHcustoms (great product), while I hone my metal bending skills with the solo rack I bought.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

321 - 340 of 341 Posts