Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
301 - 320 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
My Mean Streak conversion of my VN1600 Classic is started. I already installed the rear Mean Streak wheel, which is a direct replacement with no mods required. The front Mean Streak wheel installs using the Classic VN1600 front axle and spacers. However, I need to make custom caliper mounts to use the stock calipers on the fork legs with the Mean Streak front wheel. I also am changing the stodgy Classic front fender to a fender from a Yamaha 1300. I have a set of Nomad hard bags that will replace the leather bags, along with a set of V&H True Duals.

·
Super Moderator
1,418 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Atlantic Canada Dave. That's quite a set up you have there. I'm guessing you don't always travel on paved roads...hehe. You should introduce yourself in the new members forum. It looks like you might have an interesting story behind that rig!

·
Registered
2006 Nomad 1600, 73-75 Z1's, Kz/Ltd's, 2003 Triumph Speed Four.
12 Posts
This is my 1600 Nomad, just picked it up in August, it is my first cruiser. I normally ride sportbike's or UJM's. I installed the Vector fairing with 4 5.25in speakers Pioneer stereo w/200 w/amp keeps it so i can hear the music at highway speeds with no problems (helmet on). Just installed the Shinko 777's Wide White Walls last week with counteract beads. Removed the rear baffles, I highly recommend this to anyone who wants just a little more exhaust sound-still quite but now there is an exhaust sound :)
Future plans (this winter) 2009 Harley touring fairing with double DIN navigation unit/stereo, JTD lower fairings-series 2 (all painted to match).
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Cruiser
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Cruiser
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Windshield Glass

·
Registered
2006 Nomad 1600
72 Posts

Picked this up last month. 2006 Vulcan Nomad 1600. Already replaced rear tire after a flat. Glad I didn't try to ride it home from Ohio. Next up is Techron or Seafoam in the tank to see if I can get gas gauge working better. Not too concerned about the non working speakers, but might look at that eventually. Want to make sure it continues to run great and is safe first. I love it.

Cobra duals and FI2000. And the cheapest trunk box known to man.:D May replace that with something better eventually.

·
Banned
14 Posts
very nice, can u add more pics of your engine guard foot pegs, working on my 06 1600 classic, added 11in apes, aux light bar, bidding on nomad saddlebag brackets to convert to nomad. changing out the exhaust to the cobra duals and adding harley hard bags...need more time and money

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't know if this is the right thread to post this on but my dad, brother and I were out riding and I took a picture. From left to right it's my brother's 2006 road star 1700 silverado, my dad's 1997 vulcan 1500 classic, and my 2005 vulcan 1600 classic.

Hope the weather warms up fast so we can all ride some more. I also hope everyone else is getting to ride around with some of their riding buddies, be safe everyone

·
Registered
4 Posts
New No Engine Option

Just bought the first big batch of bike parts to supplement my new-ish 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Classic. I got it with the No Engine Option. The weight savings were guaranteed to help it go much much faster!!! I tried it out the other day and it left and got back before I even left!!! Now THAT is FAST!!! WAY too fast for me, so I decided to put all the spare engine pieces together so I could slow it down a bit. I'm just getting too old to go faster than light anymore.😎

The parts should be here in a week, and in the meantime I can finish cleaning up all the bits and pieces. I am glad to report that my crankshaft and connecting rod bearings are VERY much in spec. And it is looking good so far to go back together nicely. I have to say the design of the engine is also very interesting to an old gadget head like me.

Interesting AND good looking AND cheap? (The BIKE, you silly people!) How lucky can a guy get? I've already bounced between 5 totally different schemes to repaint it if I need to after cleaning out the gas tank. More on that later.

About $1400 into the bike so far total, and figure about $2-400 to get it done barring any unexpected part needs or having to repaint. That's not too bad for a bike with about 30k on it and what looks to be a reasonably clean engine. BTW, looked to be the oil pump that went south. Previous owner had already replaced almost everything that needed it, But I shall be keeping a weather eye out for out of spec items as I continue the cleaning and inspection of the pieces and parts. :oops:

Shar

·
Registered
3 Posts
Let's see those 1600's!

Was told this was a 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Classic, but modifications to it kind of stretch that imagination. She's a good ride though. Yeah, I contacted Kawasaki to confirm the VIN, and I downloaded original parts list to prepare for the long overhaul. That's me astraddle of her. No spring chicken though, I have ridden '78 Kawasaki KZ-400 and '86 Honda Shadow before. I will be riding with Warrior's Outreach Motorcycle Ministry, North Carolina.

·
Registered
19 Posts
View attachment 250581
Was told this was a 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Classic, but modifications to it kind of stretch that imagination. She's a good ride though. Yeah, I contacted Kawasaki to confirm the VIN, and I downloaded original parts list to prepare for the long overhaul. That's me astraddle of her. No spring chicken though, I have ridden '78 Kawasaki KZ-400 and '86 Honda Shadow before. I will be riding with Warrior's Outreach Motorcycle Ministry, North Carolina.

That looks more like a kawasaki meanstreak with that seat, clocks, twin front disks, and the wheels. Not so much like a classic.

·
Super Moderator
1,211 Posts
Reactions: TC_1990
301 - 320 of 341 Posts