Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

281 - 300 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mmsharris66,are those hard bags from a Harley?I was just talking to a Harley guy I work with about how I was thinking about trying that,but I didn't know if they'd fit right on the Kaw with the stock stacked exhaust.

I love the looks of the Kaw Nomad hard bags,but I guess they're too tall to fit with the stacked pipes on the Classic,so you have to change to a bagger style dual exhaust.

Do you have any more pics at different angles,maybe from the back?

·
Registered
25 Posts
They are tcmt bags off Amazon. The stacked exhaust was an inch too high so I used some harley pull offs I got for 45 bucks. I did use the chrome transitions from the stock exhaust.
20190811_175816.jpg
20190811_175824.jpg
20190811_175816.jpg
20190811_175824.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just the angled transitions, with the slipons not being connected by a crossover tube I was able to angle them down slightly. Basically I rotated the header pipes slightly and the slipons are still level with the ground.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Exactly. I'm actually about ready to make a spool piece so I have a muffler on each side. Take some flexible exhaust pipe and run it under the bike and around to where the other muffler will hang, then weld a stitch across each of the bends and bring it to a muffler shop to have them bend a stainless piece.

·
Registered
121 Posts
So the TCMT bags are designed to be a stock replacement for a Harley, and so require mods to the mounting brackets to fit our bikes,correct?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, only the top. I had to cut the tabs off where it mounts to the fender rail and reweld them. The lower mount actually mounts right under the pass footage. Unbolt footpeg slip a 2" length of 1" flatbar, with hole drilled at each end, behind the footpeg and put the nut back on. Lower mount bolts directly to lower hole of flatbar.
15759272770754708651448022418481.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Although I really like those tcmt bags, I have the bagger pipes on my bike, so I wonder if I could get a deeper bag of the same style

281 - 300 of 300 Posts