Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

VN1600 pics

191K views 348 replies 170 participants last post by  sterlingbaydave 
#1 ·
Let's see those 1600's!

#2 ·
Here's my '07 Mean Streak 1600, I bought new this past July. It was the last '07 the dealer had left. It was a "show off" model that the dealer added blue ghost flames to. The day I brought it home-

Not one to be satisfied with stock I started my research for bling and performance upgrades.
Bling-
Kury ISO grips w/stiletto ends
Kury throttle boss
Irate Customs radiator cover
MC Enterprises backrest

Performance-
Dobeck TFI
ForceWinder Intake
Barons reed valve block off plates
Wicked Bros 2-1 pipes

After mods-

#3 ·
Here is a couple pics of my baby.

#7 ·
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy no 2009 meanstreakrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr u crazy....2009 meanstreak 1700 with 90-100 hp would make kawasaki number again.....black paint or 2006 black and red or a dark blue.......no flat black or red....the meany alwaaaaaaaaaaaaays looked better than the classic get it together please my 78 kz 1000 is gettin old need something new and fast in a cruiser.

#19 ·
Keep in mind there is a clear layer over the decal... mine peeled seperately, this can be done for the one on the gas tank as well, and there are some clear strips on the saddlebags in the grooves that have Japanese for left and right that peel off without the heat.

#23 ·
How difficult was it to mount the Nomad pipes on the Classic? Did you have to do any welding or fabricate mounts? One of my friends changed out his pipes on his 2008 Nomad for Roadhouse dooley's (guess he wanted more noise). I'd be interested in buying his Nomad OEM pipes if they don't require and engineer to mount them. I can turn wrenches but that's about it for my mechanical skills. Thanks for any advise you can give me.

Bumper

#25 ·
Here's some recent shots of my 1600, with the protack driver backrest, cobra highway bars and pegs, iso grips and riser extensions.

webbie, I'd be interested in info on how you did the nad pipes too if you can share.

#27 ·
My new bike....just love it..

#29 · (Edited)
Last three bikes were black and chrome.
When I was first dating my wife I was always making martini's. Best way to get her to fall under my spell! One of her friends started calling me martini man. Like classic black bike, classic martini's too. None of this sugar and chocolate concoctions!! Of course love a good beer too!
BTW.....
Love your bikes paint too. I clicked on the link and checked them out. I'm a Kawasaki guy but the Honda is a great looking bike. Great colors Custom paint jobs? Beautiful!

#30 ·
Thanks but that paint is OEM Honda. I did add the flames to the side covers and clear coat them. Currently I have $8K in the bike not including the purchase cost.

P.S. Wife and I are Martini fans also. Always looking for the perfect, smooth 'tini. So many Vodka's, so little time! ;)

#31 ·
Great bikes MN-Nomad. Too bad you're so far and we can't share a ride and a tini afterwards! Here's my hint......keep the vodka or gin in the freezer.....smooooooooth.....
Ride safe!