Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 VN1600D8FA Can't find my owners manual, and I need to know how to access the battery so that I can plug in my charger. It looks like the seat has to come off to do so, but I can't figure out where the that bolt is.
Any advise?
Thanks
Lonnie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Battery Access

Right at the back of the passenger seat is the first bolt, remove it and you can pull the passenger seat off. Now you will be able to see the bolt that holds the drivers seat in place, remove it and pull the seat towards the rear and off. now when you look down at the battery you will see 3 or 4 connections. It is easiest to disconnect them or you can very gently try andmove them out of the way. Remove the 2 bolts that hold the battery down, disconnect the battery cables (negative 1st). you can then remove your battery and take it inside where it wont be subject to freezing and hook it up to the battery charger. Then all you have to do is count the days until spring and the sand and salt have been washed (rain) and swept off the streets so we can ride again.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Battery Access

Thanks Nomad Be Happy, I'll give it a try.
At least, we've made it around the New Years curve, and by the time we straighten her out, we'll be well down that straight-a-way run towards warm riding weather!

·
Registered
104 Posts
2008 VN1600D8FA Can't find my owners manual, and I need to know how to access the battery so that I can plug in my charger. It looks like the seat has to come off to do so, but I can't figure out where the that bolt is.
Any advise?
Thanks
Lonnie
Undo passenger seat and there's a little bolt right in the back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts